I want to start mining, but I need some help first.

What hardware would I need to pair with, let's say a RX580? Could probably get an old pc form work and replace the PSU

Would the 8GB version be better at mining than the 4GB?

What software do I need?

What sort of profit does a single 580 yield?

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW

lol if you don't already have a 580 you'll never make a profit.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 minutes ago, Owlman said:

What hardware would I need to pair with, let's say a RX580? Could probably get an old pc form work and replace the PSU

What software do I need?

Literally anything. A popular choice is an LGA 1150 motherboard (make sure you have at least 4 PCIe 1x slots so you can expand your GPUs) with a cheapo £30 Celeron & 4GB of DDR3 RAM. The rest of the system matters very little its the GPU.

Yes Ethereum for example takes advantage of VRAM so more is better.

A lot of beginners use NiceHash Miner because it is user friendly and choses the best coin for your system.

Can't say depends on your power bills and coin you mine. Check out www.cryptocompare.com

8 minutes ago, Owlman said:

What software do I need?

Yeah,a LGA 1155 Celeron would be fine for mining,but as @Damascus said,if you don't have a 480/580 yet,you will never make a profit since they are basically all out of stock,and all over ebay,but a huge price for those,but a R9 3XX or 2XX should be fine,just get many of them xD

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

19 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Yeah,a LGA 1155 Celeron would be fine for mining,but as @Damascus said,if you don't have a 480/580 yet,you will never make a profit since they are basically all out of stock,and all over ebay,but a huge price for those,but a R9 3XX or 2XX should be fine,just get many of them xD

Might be able to get my hands on a r9 fury x. Would that card work?

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Just now, Owlman said:

Might be able to get my hands on a r9 fury x. Would that card work?

Probably should,since it is around the performance of a 580.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Just now, Gaurav S Rao said:

Probably should,since it is around the performance of a 580.

The store i usually buy electronics from might have 580s back in stock in August. Would the difference in power draw justify a 580 over r9 fury x?

Desktop Rig:

6 minutes ago, Owlman said:

The store i usually buy electronics from might have 580s back in stock in August. Would the difference in power draw justify a 580 over r9 fury x?

Yeah,get it when you can,definatelly,but how many cards are you gonna buy?

Get a 580 even though a Fury X is still better,since the thing is,the mining machines (especially the OP ones)suck like so much power that your power bill....

Spoiler

Blows Up,xD

Get a Celeron/Pentium and a bunch of 580's

58 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Get a 580 even though a Fury X is still better,since the thing is,the mining machines (especially the OP ones)suck like so much power that your power bill....

Reveal hidden contents

Blows Up,xD

I am thinking 1 card for now, but I might change my mind depending on the cost of the rest of the system EDIT: and the fact that I want a new graphics card for my gaming system

Desktop Rig:

1 hour ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Reveal hidden contents

Blows Up,xD

would this celeron do? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Celeron-Dual-Core-G1610-SR10K-CPU-Processor-5-GT-s-2-6-GHz-LGA-1155-Socket-/272545355279?hash=item3f74f8160f:g:OUsAAOSwT6pVvCsX

and can you recommend a motherboard?

Desktop Rig:

17 hours ago, Owlman said:

I dont recommend a lot often and my recommendation are always known as garbage,but anyway,get a H61 board,etc since they are only $30 for a ASUS H81M