MY MOBO STANDOFFS WON'T LINE UP

MY MOBO STANDOFFS WON'T LINE UP DAMN IT dfdjaslfhoueag 

ok the mobo very easily lines up with the standoffs with absolutely no problem, but after you install the io shield, the mobo just doesn't want to play friendly anymore, like WTFSFADKJLDGH S  I've been doing this for over and hour now, bending the bits on the io shields, pushing the mobo against the io  shield with all my strength I just can't anymore I've had so many problems since the mobo prep jkl;asfl iuwoh e9t

3 hours ago, CardinalHunter said:

MY MOBO STANDOFFS WON'T LINE UP DAMN IT dfdjaslfhoueag 

ok the mobo very easily lines up with the standoffs with absolutely no problem, but after you install the io shield, the mobo just doesn't want to play friendly anymore, like WTFSFADKJLDGH S  I've been doing this for over and hour now, bending the bits on the io shields, pushing the mobo against the io  shield with all my strength I just can't anymore I've had so many problems since the mobo prep jkl;asfl iuwoh e9t

Could you upload pics? 

22 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Could you upload pics? 

this is before I installed the io shield:

19397844_10154504259263204_736955079_n.jpg?oh=7cf498afd200a373e886e189abf84f38&oe=594BA54C

and this is after: 

19415853_10154504258778204_1980248056_n.jpg?oh=ffedb6ce0c9e4326daad314d5b2798c3&oe=594B6400

6 minutes ago, DDR69 said:

Io going in the right way? 

I'm certain it is, I got the pop sound and it looks level with the slot

I'm certain it is, I got the pop sound and it looks level with the slot

Is the I/O popping through the shield as it should be? Is the I/O shield backwards? 

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

Is the I/O popping through the shield as it should be? Is the I/O shield backwards? 

56 minutes ago, DDR69 said:

Io going in the right way? 

Update: installed the motherboard, all I needed to do was push the mobo against the io shield at an angle though I'm not sure if I should be happy since it made a big bang sound after I pushed the mobo in place

Update: installed the motherboard, all I needed to do was push the mobo against the io shield at an angle though I'm not sure if I should be happy since it made a big bang sound after I pushed the mobo in place

Pictures are welcome.......

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

Pictures are welcome.......

19415999_10154504448028204_1066694074_n.jpg?oh=92a256472d72193c059b6489b9166f0a&oe=594B7CE7

and there screws are in place:

19416077_10154504447683204_2060842576_n.jpg?oh=93ac5d154161c5f4b0c0158f17169743&oe=594B91B5

44 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

also been wanting to say it for a while now, luv that kizuna ai chan profile pic you got there

Any idea as to what the loud noise might have been? What did it sound like? 

2 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Any idea as to what the loud noise might have been? What did it sound like? 

I just said it, like a bang sound, as if I hit something

also been wanting to say it for a while now, luv that kizuna ai chan profile pic you got there

Join us. 

Check it starts up and nothing shorting. Doubt a cracking motherboard would bang more a crack sound !

The bang was probably the io shield popping all the way in. Also, a lot of cases now need a little pressure to get that board in. I haven't been able to just "set" a board in for a while now since they added the pressure spring pins to the IO shield (like around the usb ports)

On 6/21/2017 at 3:02 AM, Evanair said:

The bang was probably the io shield popping all the way in. Also, a lot of cases now need a little pressure to get that board in. I haven't been able to just "set" a board in for a while now since they added the pressure spring pins to the IO shield (like around the usb ports)

On 6/21/2017 at 1:16 AM, DDR69 said:

Check it starts up and nothing shorting. Doubt a cracking motherboard would bang more a crack sound !

On 6/20/2017 at 9:27 PM, NCIX Lampy said:

Join us. 

Does anyone know what these are?

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

Top one is pulling 5v + Ground off of a standard molex connector.  Bottom two identical pieces are fan headers, and the long on is a SATA connector probably to pull 5v or 12v power.

Guessing you have a H100 CPU cooler (or some variant of such) and a case that is using the 5v line for something else like LEDs