CudaMiner and LiteCoin

So I have given up on mining BitCoins in favor of Litecoins. I already have some pretty powerful hardware lying around so I would like to get started. 

I have successfully started mining on my Desktop and Macbook for a combined hashrate of 131 KH/s, but that is only using the processor. 

I have a GTX 780 and I would like to set up CudaMiner. Can anyone write a short tutorial and possibly include some screenshots?

Yes, I have searched around on Google but the best tutorial I could find had to do with local pools which isn't want I am looking for. 

You can estimate, and see some settings for hashrates here.

https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Keep in mind Nvidia cards are not very efficient.

As for guides, the best info will be found in the original CudaMiner thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

As for guides, the best info will be found in the original CudaMiner thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

How many Litecoins do you think I can earn with a 7870? The KH/s rate is about 381

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

How many Litecoins do you think I can earn with a 7870? The KH/s rate is about 381

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=380&difficulty=1486.12414801&power=&energycost=0.10&currency=USD

The amount changes every few days as the difficulty adjusts to additional hashrate on the network. But right now, you would get nearly 0.25 Litecoins per day which = $2.35

Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Finally got it to work. CUDAMiner is reporting 270 khash/s while I have my card locked to 60% power and 60c temp. 

CpuMiner is running on all 8 threads for 110 khash/s

Finally got it to work. CUDAMiner is reporting 270 khash/s while I have my card locked to 60% power and 60c temp.

CpuMiner is running on all 8 threads for 110 khash/s

How much do you pay for electricity? Because many times mining doesn't pay out on nvidia because the electricity is just too expensive.

#SuddenlyMiningExpert

who cares...

How much do you pay for electricity? Because many times mining doesn't pay out on nvidia because the electricity is just too expensive.

#SuddenlyMiningExpert

$0.09 per kWh

Mining with an Nvidia GPU is trying to peel a potato with another potato. Those uber high end GPUs don't do crap compared to even a mid-range AMD card.

Mining with an Nvidia GPU is trying to peel a potato with another potato. Those uber high end GPUs don't do crap compared to even a mid-range AMD card.

I'm actually selling the 780 on Wednesday and heading over to TD to pick up a 290x. Looking forward to Mantle and new AMD drivers. 

I also found some 6950s on Craigslist for $100. 

I'm actually selling the 780 on Wednesday and heading over to TD to pick up a 290x. Looking forward to Mantle and new AMD drivers. 

I also found some 6950s on Craigslist for $100. 

The 290X currently aren't great at mining, you might be able to purchase 2 7970's for nearly the same price which would give you much better returns.

If you do plan on mining on a 290X you will need an aftermarket cooler. It might also be a better option to go for a 290 and flash it to a 290X

The 6950 will achieve about 450 K/hash, it might not be worth $100, I'd suggest trying to get the owner to lower the price further. It's now two generations old and a non flagship card.

The 290X currently aren't great at mining, you might be able to purchase 2 7970's for nearly the same price which would give you much better returns.

If you do plan on mining on a 290X you will need an aftermarket cooler. It might also be a better option to go for a 290 and flash it to a 290X

The 6950 will achieve about 450 K/hash, it might not be worth $100, I'd suggest trying to get the owner to lower the price further. It's now two generations old and a non flagship card.

I might try to pull the "it has no warranty" card. The guy said he would do $90 but he listed it less than 2 days ago. 

He said he would wait until the end of the week to see what offers he got and then he would consider offloading it. 

I know this is a couple of days old, but u should be getting alot more then 250 Kh/s..
Im using CUDAMiner and reaching around 500Kh/s on a 780 slightly overclocked (according to my pool)
The miner itself tells me that im doing around 440Kh/s

I topped out at 590Kh/s according to my pool one time.. but im sure it's just an average error.

eXdgg1c.png

Im just using the -H 1 to make sure my CPU isn't capping.

PS. First Post on LinusTechTips :D

I know this is a couple of days old, but u should be getting alot more then 250 Kh/s..

Im using CUDAMiner and reaching around 500Kh/s on a 780 slightly overclocked (according to my pool)

The miner itself tells me that im doing around 440Kh/s

I topped out at 590Kh/s according to my pool one time.. but im sure it's just an average error.

eXdgg1c.png

Im just using the -H 1 to make sure my CPU isn't capping.

PS. First Post on LinusTechTips :D

I am using WeMineLTC. The pool counter is inaccurate and only serves the purpose as a quick reference for whether or not your miners are actually mining. 

I tuned my 780 to get 320kh/s at stock speeds capping out at around 400 overclocked. You should always read the numbers directly from the miner. 

I am using WeMineLTC. The pool counter is inaccurate and only serves the purpose as a quick reference for whether or not your miners are actually mining. 

I tuned my 780 to get 320kh/s at stock speeds capping out at around 400 overclocked. You should always read the numbers directly from the miner.

Just curious, are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit cuda miner? And are using the Kepler kernel or titan version?

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)