CPU Temps running high all of a sudden

Okay, I'm running the NZXT Kraken x52 on the intel i7 6700K skylake chip. Normally, it does fine. However over the past few days the temps have in creased on the cpu from 54 or so to 70, and going sometimes to 83 or higher on idle. It spasms slightly on the cam software. Any help with this? I have the fans running on performance mode, but I'm worried to use this now for anything, especially gaming.

11 minutes ago, LZ Holy Narwhal said:

-snip-

Sounds awfully hot, can the Kraken x52 give you a readout for water temperature? (sorry, never used this cooler). If the water is much much colder (say more than 20 degrees cooler than the CPU) then it would probably indicate a bad mount, or an inconvenient air bubble. On the other hand if the water is hot too, it may indicate a dying pump.

keep us updated

1 minute ago, LZ Holy Narwhal said:

Yes it can, the water reads about 38 degrees celsius

Perhaps the mount was not optimal then; maybe you should consider unmounting it, applying fresh thermal paste (after cleaning, of course) and then retry. To have an 45 degrees delta at idle is not normal.

Just now, For Science! said:

Perhaps the mount was not optimal then; maybe you should consider unmounting it, applying fresh thermal paste (after cleaning, of course) and then retry. To have an 45 degrees delta at idle is not normal.

I will do that once I get home. Thanks, I'll keep you updated