How would you say is the K65 LUX? I always wanted a TKL keyboard

It looks like a great choice to me! 

Which keyboard?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Help me choose

• Corsair K70 Rapidfire
    • Corsair K70 LUX Brown switches
    • Corsair Strafe

My K70 is suffering from key chatter and would like to replace it as RMA costs alot of money.
So these are the keyboards I have been struggling to make a choice with. I have a K70 but its the old version with no usb port and I would like to use the port for my Void headset.

P.S: No other keyboard recommendations as these are the ones I have chose and they are in my budget

Thanks!

So I see there a difference between the LUX and Rapidffire. The lux has the lighting feature where you can store advanced lightning effects and take it anywhere you want and not use the CUE software which is awesome.

The volume control and windows key lock functions are mandatory on a keyboard.  Strafe, while very nice, lacks volume control.  I love my K70 but wish I had bought Red switches instead of blue.  Get either the speed, silent, or red switches (all of which are very similar).  I don't like brown switches.  It's all personal taste of course, and there is no wrong answer.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

13 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

The volume control and windows key lock functions are mandatory on a keyboard.  Strafe, while very nice, lacks volume control.  I love my K70 but wish I had bought Red switches instead of blue.  Get either the speed, silent, or red switches (all of which are very similar).  I don't like brown switches.  It's all personal taste of course, and there is no wrong answer.  

4 minutes ago, CALBIX said:

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Just now, CostcoSamples said:

My K70 has Reds right now and I would like to try out a new switch like brown but I mean If I have to go with the K65 why not?

11 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

Im just really scared for key chatter as my 70% of my keys has keychatter

2 hours ago, CALBIX said:

Im just really scared for key chatter as my 70% of my keys has keychatter

you can always put rubber O-rings on the keycaps, or get Cherry MX Silent switches (basically reds with O-rings pre-installed).

If you want a truly amazing typing experience, I would highly recommend the IBM Model M keyboard from the 1980s.  I'm typing on one right now, and it is glorious!  You can get them on ebay for around $80.  They are very solid, very clicky, and very fun to type on!  Some consider them the best keyboards ever made. 

PC Build

Desk Build

30 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

you can always put rubber O-rings on the keycaps, or get Cherry MX Silent switches (basically reds with O-rings pre-installed).

If you want a truly amazing typing experience, I would highly recommend the IBM Model M keyboard from the 1980s.  I'm typing on one right now, and it is glorious!  You can get them on ebay for around $80.  They are very solid, very clicky, and very fun to type on!  Some consider them the best keyboards ever made. 

What I mean with key chatter is one of the switches registers twice when you only have typed once. I rreally dont mind the sound of mechanical keyboards, I think its the best sound of my gaming setup.