Super Budget PC (Lower the price the better)

Davski
Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

Don't get it, it's more addicting than drugs

I'll make sure to keep that in mind.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

/r/hardwareswap Most go up for $120 but tbh most will take $100

Looks like a pretty normal price in Vancouver tbh, honestly.. that's not even bad compared to what I've seen near there. Though in my state 1.8m would honestly get you 50 acres of land and a mansion with over half a million to spare

Here is my current setup, Ik its shit https://gyazo.com/858b2da2ddfebbffd8115ac9865a25da

Just now, Davski said:

Here is my current setup, Ik its shit https://gyazo.com/858b2da2ddfebbffd8115ac9865a25da

Don't be like that :P

We've all been there... or at least most of us. My first PC was worse than than. A Core 2 duo w/ 4GBs of RAM and no GPU. Then an A6-3650 with 8GBs of RAM, then I added a 750Ti. Let me say, it's really not so worth it going super duper cheapo. If I were you, I'd wait for Ryzen 3. At least buy a CPU on a platform where if you ever so choose to get the option to upgrade, you have it. It will probably cost upwards of $110 for CPU, $65 for Mobo and $40 or so for RAM. It seems pricey at first, but think of this way... in a year if you can upgrade again, you just need to get a new CPU. Plus Ryzen 3 is likely to outperform the 860k by upwards of 60-70%.  

On top of that, if you own this PC, you don't need a new case or anything. Budget systems = fuck all to things like nice cases or fans and so on. What's your PSU? It's like "good enough" for what just adding in Ryzen 3, if it hasn't blown your PC up already than Ryzen 3, B350 board and 8GBs of DDR4 won't make it either.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

12 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Looks like a pretty normal price in Vancouver tbh, honestly.. that's not even bad compared to what I've seen near there. Though in my state 1.8m would honestly get you 50 acres of land and a mansion with over half a million to spare

Look at downtown

2 mil gets you 900 sq. ft condo.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

13 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Don't be like that :P

We've all been there... or at least most of us. My first PC was worse than than. A Core 2 duo w/ 4GBs of RAM and no GPU. Then an A6-3650 with 8GBs of RAM, then I added a 750Ti. Let me say, it's really not so worth it going super duper cheapo. If I were you, I'd wait for Ryzen 3. At least buy a CPU on a platform where if you ever so choose to get the option to upgrade, you have it. It will probably cost upwards of $110 for CPU, $65 for Mobo and $40 or so for RAM. It seems pricey at first, but think of this way... in a year if you can upgrade again, you just need to get a new CPU. Plus Ryzen 3 is likely to outperform the 860k by upwards of 60-70%.  

On top of that, if you own this PC, you don't need a new case or anything. Budget systems = fuck all to things like nice cases or fans and so on. What's your PSU? It's like "good enough" for what just adding in Ryzen 3, if it hasn't blown your PC up already than Ryzen 3, B350 board and 8GBs of DDR4 won't make it either.

I recently just got into the passible area of PC's. When people say you won't have an enjoyable experience gaming on a he 4850 I just kinda chuckle. My.first pc was a 2ghz core 2 duos with a wopping 2 gb of ddr2 ram and no gpu. My second computer had the cheapest 1st gen i3 and the 4850. That felt as fast as lightning when I used it. I felt like people when they get a gyx 1080ti with that thing. And now I've just been upgrading the crap out of my one computer.

27 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

I recently just got into the passible area of PC's. When people say you won't have an enjoyable experience gaming on a he 4850 I just kinda chuckle. My.first pc was a 2ghz core 2 duos with a wopping 2 gb of ddr2 ram and no gpu. My second computer had the cheapest 1st gen i3 and the 4850. That felt as fast as lightning when I used it. I felt like people when they get a gyx 1080ti with that thing. And now I've just been upgrading the crap out of my one computer.

Yup basically... Going from a core 2 duo to A6-3650 with double the RAM was NIGHT AND DAY . Like... went from minimizing all settings barely running it to maxing settings in what I play. Which was like Farming Sim 2015, Spintires, Minecraft ect... then I got a 750Ti... holy fuck the experience.

I then uh... threw an R9 290 with my A6-3650 lol, but that wasn't for long until I got the i3-6100 a long time ago. Such hype, now with mining I am selling my R9 290, I'll sadly be without any GPU for awhile but if i get $300 for it and wait it out to save up a bit and either wait for Vega or get a used 1080/Ti. (will only have 1080p60Hz monitors at first, no fear! 2x 21:9 60Hz IPS Curved monitors and a 1440p IPS Freesync 144Hz panel) Will get whatever I can find for $300-$400 first onsale/used

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

8 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

-snip-

9 hours ago, Davski said:

Hell, I used to try and play Medal of Honor Allied Assault on a Pentium 4 and no dedicated GPU.  My first "real" system was a Mac Mini until I built my first gaming PC two years ago.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.