Best Budget Earbuds for Fitness

JFischer00

I'm looking for some earbuds to use for running, biking, and gym workouts. I wouldn't like to spend more than $50, but would be willing to go up to $100ish if the quality is enough better to justify the price difference. Consider $50 and under to be lots of bonus points I guess. Wireless is not necessary, although it might be nice to have if done correctly (i.e. good sound quality and battery life), but it only counts for a few bonus points. Lightweight and comfortable, yet secure fit are quite important, maybe even more than great sound quality, since I'll be listening to compressed, Spotify streamed music on my phone. I think that covers it; thanks for you guys' help.

On 6/14/2017 at 8:24 PM, JFischer00 said:

I think that covers it; thanks for you guys' help.

I bought the Bose sound-true ultras a few months ago and they are great. They have nice sound, little weak on the bass but oh well. They look great and do not have any problems staying in my ears during runs or at the gym. They are around $130 CAD so little over your budget, however bose also makes the soundsport headphones. These I have heard have similar sound quality, and probably the same ability to stay in ears. These earbuds are $100 CAD (sorry not sure where you are located). I love my earbuds and they are really great, would definitely recommend spending the extra money for them. 

Sound Sport: https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/products/headphones/earphones/soundsport-in-ear-headphones-apple-devices.html?mc=24_PS_HP_PL_00_GO_&gclid=Cj0KEQjwyZjKBRDu--WG9ayT_ZEBEiQApZBFuIOCdOanpnML7cD8XDjrtInc5NCOYQ_0t-QowtBAOV8aApUa8P8HAQ#v=soundsport_ie_headphones_ii_apple_charcoal

Sound-true Ultra: https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/products/headphones/earphones/soundtrue-ultra-in-ear-headphones-apple-devices.html#v=soundtrue_ultra_apple_charcoal

Sorry for the lack of immediate help on your post, hope this helps however. 

I second the choice of any of Bose's in ear headphones for active use. I have some Bose Freestyles that I love not only because they sound good, but because they are extremely comfortable and stay in my ears. At this point, I would probably buy them again even over something that sounded better for the money purely based on how comfortable they are. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

Have you looked into the Monoprice brand, they constantly get good reviews on head-fi.org and are dirt cheap.

Thanks for the help everyone. Unfortunately, as @Littlelaner said, there was no immediate help so I continued to do some of my own research. I ended up deciding on these. They will be arriving today. If anyone would like, I can report back here in a day or two with my thoughts on them.

For $40 the Marshall Mode is a no-brainer. 

Great sound (more on the mellow side with smoothed out treble), secure fit, mic, and it comes with a handy clip. 

I wish I could have helped you sooner :/