Thoughts on modmic 5.0 + soundcard

Cool Toolbar

Hello, guys!

I'm currently looking for a new microphone to my setup, my little yeti microphone died yesterday when I was playing some games.

What are you guys thought on the mod mic 5.0 and what sound card should I get with it?

It's good. I bought one a month or so ago. My friends have complained that they don't like it because I sound too clear, which is a good thing in terms of sound quality I guess. 

As for a sound card, you don't need one for it. Onboard is pretty good on anything fairly recent. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's good. I bought one a month or so ago. My friends have complained that they don't like it because I sound too clear, which is a good thing in terms of sound quality I guess. 

As for a sound card, you don't need one for it. Onboard is pretty good on anything fairly recent. 

Wait too clear? wow what onboard "sound card" do you have in your computer?

Just now, whyjoro said:

Yeah. I went from a pair of Corsair H2100s for my mic to the Modmic and there's a massive difference in clarity. 

My board is the Asus Z77 Sabertooth with a Realtek ALC892 (onboard). Unless you're doing some serious voice recordings, there's no reason to use anything but onboard for mic input (unless something is broken or the board is old). If you're using it for talking to people in game, just going over whatever communication software you use is going to negate any benefits a soundcard may have. 

4 minutes ago, whyjoro said:

By onboard it means your deafult standard realtek sound 

My life

Based on the recordings I've heard, Massdrop Minimic has better sound quality. It costs $25 on Massdrop now.