Thoughts on the Razer Sabertooth

Wysoseriouss

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a controller for my PC, preferably wireless and I was going to just pick up an Xbox 360 controller but I hate the d-pad with a passion on that thing. Then I came across the Razer Sabertooth, it looks perfect for me, but I don't think I can justify the extra cost (around an extra 30 dollars) just for a d-pad that I could be happy with.

Has anyone got any thoughts/know if the sabertooth has any other features that may actually make the extra money worth it? or should I just suck it up and buy the 360 controller and just avoid using the d-pad as often as I can.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

You could probably use a PS3 controller with a bluetooth dongle too if you wanted, but I would just go with the 360 controller if you absolutely need wireless. 

Error: 410

You could probably use a PS3 controller with a bluetooth dongle too if you wanted, but I would just go with the 360 controller if you absolutely need wireless. 

yea and u have to use DS3 tool from motionjoy for easy support in all games.

The dpad is fairly good but my purpose of getting the sabertooth is for the 4 back buttons for FPS instead of spending more on 2 scuf buttons I could get 4 reprogrammable for much cheaper. The build quality is meh, if I put enough pressure on the one side the front plate plastic hits the back plate plastic and makes a click/pop sound

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a controller for my PC, preferably wireless and I was going to just pick up an Xbox 360 controller but I hate the d-pad with a passion on that thing. Then I came across the Razer Sabertooth, it looks perfect for me, but I don't think I can justify the extra cost (around an extra 30 dollars) just for a d-pad that I could be happy with.

Has anyone got any thoughts/know if the sabertooth has any other features that may actually make the extra money worth it? or should I just suck it up and buy the 360 controller and just avoid using the d-pad as often as I can.

well if you dont mind the cord get the logitech f310 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAHYQY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3KVPWNT83G736&coliid=I1CY6UTRL528YQ but if you want wireless get the logitech F710 http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000117-Gamepad-F710/dp/B0041RR0TW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1385179797&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+F710

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

For wireless, I recommend the Xbox 360 controller for PC or the Logitech F710

I do not recommend the DS3 with the PS3 controller. I used to use that, and it's a piece of shit. Soooo many driver issues. Sometimes it just disconnects the controller, sometimes it acts like I'm holding a button on the controller (when I'm actually not) And it even caused a blue screen of death twice and crashed my PC before. So don't bother.