New Cooler For My 3570k

Hy guys, I'm looking to replace my current Thermalright Macho air cooler monstrosity with an AIO watercooling unit.

There is alot to choose from and that's the problem.

Here's what I can afford:

*Corsair H100i

*Corsair H110

*Swiftech H220

*Kraken X60 (let's not include it for just now because of it's price)

I just want to cool my 3570k so the fact that the h220 can be expanded has absolutly no appeal to me and should not be a decision maker.

My case can accomodate both 240mm and 280mm radiators in the top in push or pull with no modification, wich brings me to another question, wich is better for temperatures, push or pull?

Here's my hardware:

SszQlUM.jpg

Thank's in advance :D

Push or pull as Linus has said makes almost no difference, and recommends pull because its easier to clean the dust that builds up over time.

Out of all those i'd personally go with the H100i since it has something like the SP120's which are better/quiter than the ones which come with the H110.

However if you can afford to buy some good quality 140mm fans then go with the H110 or X60

As for the H220 I've read mixed things about it, Linus said its good, so yeah id go with either H100i or the H220

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I actually thought that the 110 was the quietest because of the 140mm fans. However I came across some data that states that the h110 requires 20mm spacing between fans, and as you can see from the pic above there is no spacing between my fans at the top so now I'm wondering if the h110 will even fit. What do you think?

I regard to what you have said about the radiator/fan combo, what by budget at the moment allows me to do is, buy an h110 + a pair of NOCTUA NF-A14 FLX fans or just the Kraken X60.

Of course that the 1st combo is also valid for the h100i but not for the h220 wich is more expensive.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Yep - H110 is 20mm spacing - which can be an issue. All in all - I would go with the X60 - good cooler and the 280 can make a difference versus a 240.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Although from the reviews I've been seeing, the reason that the kraken pulls ahead is because of it's 2000RPM fans wich, according to Tom (TTL) even on quiet mode they are loud. I can't base my decision on Linus's review because he kept saying that his x60 was problably defected.

Do you think that by any chance I could get myself a costum watercooling setup with around 160€ (~210$) ?

And would it be worth it in terms of performance?

You can look into intro kits - Alphacool, aqutunning, XSPC, Ek, etc., all have intro kits in the 240mm and 360mm range. For that cost though, you are getting a very basic kit which no, probably won't give you any better performance. But, you would have some parts to use on future expansion...

With the X60 - get some low noise adapters off Ebay, or make your own, and down volt it a bit...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

k, thanks for the help, I pretty much decided upon the X60 with some good fans. What would you recommend, maybe a pair of NF-A14 ?

NF-A14 FLX are the way to go :)