I need a laptop recommendation

Just now, LadyAce said:

I'm not super tech savvy so I don't plan on touching the internals lol

So now I'm thinking of Alienware, msi and aero

all three are solid choices, if you can deal with the weight and design of the Alienware, go for it. look at reviews 

13 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

i will never get over the stupidness that is the light strips on the sides of the alienware

agree with you on that one, i tried turning off the lights in alienware software but it wouldnt apply. Its not bright enough to use as a desk lamp for any papers next to it.

18 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

snip

The only value proposition the Alienware 15 has is that it's the ONLY 1070 laptop that has more than 6 hours of battery life. It's a pretty damn good one. Depends what you prioritize in a laptop. 

@LadyAce

literally 2. Either the Aero 15 (NOT the 14, the 14 has issues). or an Alienware WITHOUT GSync (which is rare these days). I'd say Aero 15 . Get it from a retailer that offers liquid metal to keep the temps down (like Gentech or HIDevolution). 

The Macbook option is not TERRIBLE here. If you have plans to eGPU, Macbooks are a fun 3k toy. A 560 will perform exactly as bad as the 460 + 3-5%. So ehhh....not that great. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

5 hours ago, Pendragon said:

The only value proposition the Alienware 15 has is that it's the ONLY 1070 laptop that has more than 6 hours of battery life. It's a pretty damn good one. Depends what you prioritize in a laptop. 

@LadyAce

literally 2. Either the Aero 15 (NOT the 14, the 14 has issues). or an Alienware WITHOUT GSync (which is rare these days). I'd say Aero 15 . Get it from a retailer that offers liquid metal to keep the temps down (like Gentech or HIDevolution). 

The Macbook option is not TERRIBLE here. If you have plans to eGPU, Macbooks are a fun 3k toy. A 560 will perform exactly as bad as the 460 + 3-5%. So ehhh....not that great. 

What's wrong with GSync? I thought it was a good thing