HD120 or AER 120

RyeIII

which one would be a best buy

Ryzen  5 3600 | ASUS Strix B450i Strix | G-Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb | NZXT H200i | NZXT x52 | Corsair RM650x

1 minute ago, RyeIII said:

which one would be a best buy

If you have the NZXT hue+ already the AER fans since they require the hue+ for them to function with the addressable LED's, where the Corsair units come with a basic controller to let you manually change between different colors and modes. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If you have the NZXT hue+ already the AER fans since they require the hue+ for them to function with the addressable LED's, where the Corsair units come with a basic controller to let you manually change between different colors and modes. 

is the hd120 controllable via corsair link?im leaning towards aer since it can sync with a led strip

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb | NZXT H200i | NZXT x52 | Corsair RM650x

11 minutes ago, RyeIII said:

is the hd120 controllable via corsair link?im leaning towards aer since it can sync with a led strip

It can be but requires the Lightning Node Pro to connect the RGB hub for the fans. With that it can all be synced and software controlled via Corsair link. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

It can be but requires the Lightning Node Pro to connect the RGB hub for the fans. With that it can all be synced and software controlled via Corsair link. 

long story short, AER will has the advantage in lightning control and expansion?how about the airflow and noise?

2 hours ago, RyeIII said:

long story short, AER will has the advantage in lightning control and expansion?how about the airflow and noise?

It depends on your application of the fan both fans are designed as pressure optimized fans good for places where there is restriction such as intake filters, drive cages, or heatsinks/rads. Out of the options the highest performing using their numbers is the Corsair's HD RGB, but at more noise than say the AER or SP RGB versions. 

i like the hd 120, cuz they have cool effects. Or you can get the sp 120 if you want a more humble look