Is This Setup Safe For The Moment?

So I bought a Dell Optiplex 7010 and I thought I would be able to take the PC case to a hardware store and have the HDD cage removed because it blocks the GPU but apparently it's a big job. So I'm planning on getting a new case and moving all parts into it. The pictures below show the setup at the moment and everything is working fine, but how long would this setup be okay for? Would it be alright for another week until a new case arrives? Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

As long as everything works and is secure, it should. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

WTF is that a Ryzen cooler?

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

8 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

WTF is that a Ryzen cooler?

Cooler for the old i7 2600! :) 

11 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

Cooler for the old i7 2600! :) 

Looks a lot like wraith spire.

29 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

So I bought a Dell Optiplex 7010 and I thought I would be able to take the PC case to a hardware store and have the HDD cage removed because it blocks the GPU but apparently it's a big job. So I'm planning on getting a new case and moving all parts into it. The pictures below show the setup at the moment and everything is working fine, but how long would this setup be okay for? Would it be alright for another week until a new case arrives? Thanks in advance.

It should be fine but keep liquid away or rest in pepperoni your pc.

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

19 hours ago, mok said:

looks fine

19 hours ago, domandric034 said:

Looks a lot like wraith spire.

It should be fine but keep liquid away or rest in pepperoni your pc.

I also have this thing on my motherboard I cannot remove. It's like a non-standard power switch from Dell. I applied pressure but I cannot remove it, if I remove it, I risk damaging being able to power on the PC via a power button on any case. Below is a picture of it. What the hell is it? And how will it connect to any other case switch in the future?

19181865_1566493330035515_1224299751_o.jpg

1 hour ago, alanp1995 said:

I also have this thing on my motherboard I cannot remove. It's like a non-standard power switch from Dell. I applied pressure but I cannot remove it, if I remove it, I risk damaging being able to power on the PC via a power button on any case. Below is a picture of it. What the hell is it? And how will it connect to any other case switch in the future?

if you can find out what the pin layout is for that connector you should be able to isolate 
Power Switch + and -
and Power Light + and -

and then splice the wires from your new case and reconnect them to the appropriate pins on the motherboard header

Photography / Finance / Gaming

15 minutes ago, mok said:

if you can find out what the pin layout is for that connector you should be able to isolate 
Power Switch + and -
and Power Light + and -

and then splice the wires from your new case and reconnect them to the appropriate pins on the motherboard header

Alternatively @alanp1995 you could find an old/used Socket 1155 motherboard and just swap parts into it (and then do a clean install of win10)

36 minutes ago, mok said:

Power Switch + and -
and Power Light + and -

Wouldn't be comfortable doing that at all xD

19 minutes ago, mok said:

Alternatively @alanp1995 you could find an old/used Socket 1155 motherboard and just swap parts into it (and then do a clean install of win10)

Was thinking to do the same. Have any good suggestions that will not cause any problems with motherboard connections like this? Thanks. I have an i7-2600s.

Just now, alanp1995 said:

Wouldn't be comfortable doing that at all xD

Was thinking to do the same. Have any good suggestions that will not cause any problems with motherboard connections like this? Thanks. I have an i7-2600s.

well any other motherboard you get will mean you cant use the Dell proprietary power connector anymore, it means you have to get a new case as well 

2 minutes ago, mok said:

well any other motherboard you get will mean you cant use the Dell proprietary power connector anymore, it means you have to get a new case as well 

There is so many motherboards to choose from on Ebay.ie thought, any you recommend? E.g. Another Dell one? Intel one? I have a new case ordered. Zalman T4.

5 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

There is so many motherboards to choose from on Ebay.ie thought, any you recommend? E.g. Another Dell one? Intel one? I have a new case ordered. Zalman T4.

Anything from Asus, Gigabyte, MSI should be good enough to get the job done

just make sure the reseller has good reviews 

and dont get a motherboard from Dell or HP, Acer, or any other OEM - theres a good chance they use the same proprietary connectors which wont help you at all