John Carmack quits Id Software

MbV93

According to a statement from id Software (via Polygon), Carmack has resigned from the studio after completing all his current work at the company. "John's work at id Tech 5 and the technology for the current development work at id is complete, and his departure will not affect any current projects," wrote Tim Willits, id Software studio director.

post-41153-0-51862400-1385153949.png

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/22/5134574/john-carmack-resigns-from-id-software-will-focus-his-time-on-oculus-vr

That sucks, although I can't say I'm surprised. Id has been on a slide for years. RAGE was alright, but it didn't stay interesting for very long. I'm still crossing my fingers for Doom 4, but at this point I'll be amazed if that ever actually happens. On the bright side, this can only be good for Oculus. 

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

It's about effin time!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Oculus time!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

and the circle jerk of the founders finally closes...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Maybe he got bored working a thousand years for a single fucking engine.

Which gradually got worse and worse the more it advanced :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I would also love to see Carmack work closely with the Mantle team to optimize it better. That would be really cool!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!