Strange mobile data errors on Galaxy S7

I'm having a weird glitch where I can't access mobile data on the Ting GSM network (wholesale from T-Mobile). I have a used and unlocked AT&T Galaxy S7 with the Ting GSM SIM card and can get calling and texting, but no data. The most confusing part happened a few weeks ago: I swapped my SIM card with another activated Ting SIM card, had data, then swapped back to the original, and still had data, until I rebooted which is when I lost it again. It worked for nearly a week with fully functional mobile data, but stopped when rebooting. Does anyone else have this issue, or and have advice? I can get the 4G LTE logo, but it isn't actually working. The Data Service status usually says "Connecting" unless the 4G LTE logo appears and it says "Connected", even though it doesn't work.

Things that haven't worked:

• Setting and checking the APN.
  • Shutting down, removing the SIM card, waiting 5 minutes, reinserting SIM, rebooting.
  • Getting a new SIM card.
  • Doing a full factory reset.
  • Changing network type (Currently LTE/UMTS auto (PRL)).
  • Resetting connection settings.
  • Making sure mobile data is actually enabled (it is).
  • Trying the swapping SIM procedure described above with my old deactivated SIM.
  • Booting without a SIM, then rebooting with it.
  • Talking to multiple Ting Support Assistants for over 8 hours total.

I finally found a solution:
Turn off data and wifi, reboot, turn on data, test it, turn on wifi, and test that too. I have to do this every time I turn the phone off.

Edited by Z0idberg
solution found

I am having a similar issue.  My phone was factory rebooted while being repaired by Samsung for a charging issue and when I got it back and reactivated it with my ting sim I was unable to get data to work.  Ting support was not helpful, they suggested I factory reset it again and contact Samsung.  Unfortunately I have no suggestions to offer regarding data (I tried much of what you tried) but I did get MMS to work by putting the t-mobile MMSC settings into the MMSC section of the Ting APN.  (http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc)

I just did a full factory reset with my Ting SIM card in the phone and now my data and mms are working.