No screen output from new build

Hello,

I am building a new pc but it doesn't give me a screen output.

The build consists off:

Memory: Adata 8GB DDR4-2400

CPU: Intel core i5-7500, 3.4 Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock B150M-HDV

My psu has a total power output of 250W

The fans are spinning but I can't get anything on a screen. I have bought a motherboard speaker but I can't get any beep sound (Small chance I have installed the speaker wrong but I deem the unlikely since I think it is just a matter of connecting it to the 'speaker' pins.)

I noticed the memory speed it faster than is supported by the motherboard but I read online that that won't cause this sort of problem but I am unsure about whether this is true.

Thanks!

d-sub or hdmi?

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

Check your RAM seating and CPU seating if you want too. Another guy had a similar problem yesterday and one of his RAM sticks was loose.

10 minutes ago, Frank1102 said:

Hello,

The build consists off:

The fans are spinning but I can't get anything on a screen. I have bought a motherboard speaker but I can't get any beep sound (Small chance I have installed the speaker wrong but I deem the unlikely since I think it is just a matter of connecting it to the 'speaker' pins.)

I noticed the memory speed it faster than is supported by the motherboard but I read online that that won't cause this sort of problem but I am unsure about whether this is true.

Thanks!

Check that on all cables are seated were they should be, from that of the connection you are planning on using for your display all the way to that of the cables within the system, have you made sure that you have plugged in the CPU power cable correctly, as that is common?

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

21 minutes ago, Frank1102 said:

Hello,

The build consists off:

Thanks!

You have a b150 board. You most likely need to update the bios to accept the kaby lake cpu. You can take it to either a computer shop and have them update it, borrow a skylake cpu from someone and update it, purchase a cheap skylake cpu to update it, or return the b150 and get a b250 board. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

I am trying with d-sub.

I have just reinstalled my cpu and am now trying with only one ram stick in the slot, I have installed both of them now.

The cables I have connected to the motherboard are a 20-pin connector and the separate 4-pin connector.

I have also connected a 4-pin connector to the cpu power. The connector has 'P2' labeled on it.

The cpu is among the supported cpu's list on Asrock's website. Is it always on there despite the bios update?

35 minutes ago, Frank1102 said:

The cpu is among the supported cpu's list on Asrock's website. Is it always on there despite the bios update?

It's a b150 board. It was out during Skylake but before Kaby Lake. It can be accepted but most of them will need a bios flash before it can accept the kaby lake cpu's.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

I have called the shop and they agreed to take it back and update the bios free of charge, claiming that that should make it work. When I get it back I'll update the topic.

Thanks for all your help!