help me out with new case please GBP

MrJarhead

i currently have a fractal design define s, i love the case but... its getting pretty battered and im looking for something new, something a bit more stylish to so say, i need a new case that will fit an atx motherboard, have a psu shroud (if possible) and support a 280mm radiator top mounted but for between £70-£100

What is the damage? 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

What is the damage? 

nothing major just damaged paintwork etc, i just feel like its time for something new, if i had the money id have gotten a corsair crystal 570x.

Just now, MrJarhead said:

nothing major just damaged paintwork etc, i just feel like its time for something new, if i had the money id have gotten a corsair crystal 570x.

You could strip the paint down and paint it a new colour scheme

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

You could strip the paint down and paint it a new colour scheme

i suppose it wouldnt be a bad idea, i could also maybe somehow remove the plastic window and get a glass one or even make a shroud.

2 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

i suppose it wouldnt be a bad idea, i could also maybe somehow remove the plastic window and get a glass one or even make a shroud.

Yes you could it's a lot cheaper than getting a whole new case

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

Phanteks P400S TG

that looks pretty nice, i was even looking at the thermaltake core p3 because you can mount the gpu verically.

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

that looks pretty nice, i was even looking at the thermaltake core p3 because you can mount the gpu verically.

I'm not a big fan of Thermaltake cases after alot of bad experience with it... I feels alot plastic if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Phanteks P400S TG

I like this case aswell, and Phanteks overall is a good build quality compared to a lot of other "Budget" cases

I would also like to add some to the list (Prices may vary since i just took your budget and translated it into my currency and looked up danish prices :3):

• Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX

• Cooler Master MasterBox 5

• In Win 303 Midi Tower

• NZXT S340 Elite Midi Tower

• Corsair Carbide SPEC-M2 Midi Tower

• Fractal Design Define R5

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.

Just now, MathiasVN said:

I'm not a big fan of Thermaltake cases after alot of bad experience with it... I feels alot plastic if you ask me.

I like this case aswell, and Phanteks overall is a good build quality compared to a lot of other "Budget" cases

I would also like to add some to the list (Prices may vary since i just took your budget and translated it into my currency and looked up danish prices :3):

• Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX

• Cooler Master MasterBox 5

• In Win 303 Midi Tower

• NZXT S340 Elite Midi Tower

• Corsair Carbide SPEC-M2 Midi Tower

• Fractal Design Define R5

my girlfriend has a define r5, its basically a define s with hdd bays in the front.

im also looking at the enthoo pro m, i want the tempered glass one buts its like £15-£20 more than the acrylic one, but atleast the glass wont be damaged as much.

3 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

im also looking at the enthoo pro m, i want the tempered glass one buts its like £15-£20 more than the acrylic one, but atleast the glass wont be damaged as much.

The Pro M is also a nice case, and i would even call it good value to go for the Glass panel instead, just because of damage + scratches + it looks better

i was looking at the s340 elite and its that crap, it only has space for 1 120mm fan at the top, whats that all about xD

4 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

i was looking at the s340 elite and its that crap, it only has space for 1 120mm fan at the top, whats that all about xD

Yes it is kinda wierd, but my brother runs the S340 Elite and it is actually quite a nice case, and since it is ok sized for a ATX Build his temps are not that bad actually, it runs good feels good and it dont feel "Too plastic" if you ask me, what i did with his was have the 2 Front fans pull air in and the 2 back one Pull air out of the case, it seem to work good :)

8 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

that is one ugly looking case its basically an aquarium with motherboard mount.

i think it looks clean, just being able to see the psu though is meh.

Game Max Onyx http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Game-Max-Onyx-Black-Midi-Tower-Gaming-Case-USB-3-0-/381994230206?hash=item58f0a161be:g:PJUAAOSwSlBYvuAi

I own one, you can check the link in my signature.

Pros - a lot of TG for the money, really nice to build in, not the highest but over the average quality.

Cons - cannot take a 240mm rad on top (even though states that will take - will hit the mobo and the 4/8 pin CPU connector), only 3 "RGBish" fans with proprietary connectors (the light distribution is not that great)

Otherwise a really nice case for the money.

Cheers.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Just now, r3loAded said:

Game Max Onyx http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Game-Max-Onyx-Black-Midi-Tower-Gaming-Case-USB-3-0-/381994230206?hash=item58f0a161be:g:PJUAAOSwSlBYvuAi

I own one, you can check the link in my signature.

Pros - a lot of TG for the money, really nice to build in, not the highest but over the average quality.

Cons - cannot take a 240mm rad on top (even though states that will take - will hit the mobo and the 4/8 pin CPU connector), only 3 "RGBish" fans with proprietary connectors (the light distribution is not that great)

Otherwise a really nice case for the money.

Cheers.

me personally, i think that case looks tacky and is a copy of the crystal series from corsair, dont really know much about the brand either, tbh i think im going to get the pro m.

4 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

Phanteks P400S TG

4 hours ago, MrJarhead said:

Snip

I love the P400 TG but the down side is it will not have the space to put the rad up top. Front mount only but it can go up to a 360mm rad if you open the basement and remove the hdd tray. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

I found it hard to find affordable cases that can fit 280mm rads, as I had tried to identify some in the past.

In the end I got the already mentioned CoolerMaster MasterBox 5. It has a PSU shroud, but a 280mm rad can only fit in the front.

More expensive is the Corsair Air 540 which is a different style of case totally. You can mount a 280mm rad on top, and even a 360 in front. PSU goes in a side compartment so you don't see it at all.

I started with the Air 540 myself, with Corsair HX110i GTX 280mm AIO, later moved to the MasterBox. Into the Air 540 I went custom loop.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

i got the evolv tempered glass and my gosh, what an absolutely beautiful case. set me back £160 like xD