NE555P Timer with SRD Relay Issue

makiyoung

I am working on a sample breadboard circuit. I have the NE555P timer set up in a bi-stable multi-vibrator configuration. Output pin 3 goes to the coil pin of the SRD-05VDC-SL-C relay. Common pin is supplied with power and the NO pin leads to a LED.

The circuit works just fine and as intended. Such that I use the 555 timer configuration to have an on and off button for the NO pin on the relay. The power supply is a single 9V battery, such that all Vcc are taken from it, and all GND lead back to it.

I plan to make a 120V power supply that I can turn on and off with the timer buttons. I would power the timer with a 9V battery.

My question is:

My multimeter tells me that there is at least 8.8V that is running through the circuit at all times. Even when the 555 timer and relay are in the off positions. Is this a byproduct of using only a single power supply for my sample circuit, or should I expect this given the bi-stable configuration of the timer?

I think you are in the wrong sub forum. 

EDIT: but going back to my EE days, It sounds normal. Single power supply should not change the characteristics of the circuit.

But honestly I am trying to remember shit I did in 1992, and I'm drunk right now. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, PCMasterGuy said:

SHES MAKING A BOMB GUYS!!

Fuck,  I helped her, does that make me an accessory?   Do I need a lawyer?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

Fuck,  I helped her, does that make me an accessory?   Do I need a lawyer?

Yep, sorry. :P Better get a good lawyer.