Need A family camera

If you don't have to have a lense and extra buttons, then a Sony Xperia smartphone. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I wouldn't really consider the A6500 to be weather sealed, but it is a good camera and if you take care of your gear they will last a long time.

As for color... cameras capture color depending on how the user tells it to capture color.  If you use picture profiles like SLOG or Hypergamma in the A6500, forget about color straight out of the camera because you will need to grade the footage.  If you set the incorrect white balance, the camera will show you an image that is toned to a color based on your white balance setting.

31 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

One thing i love about LTT videos is that i can practically calibrate my tv's to their videos.  they are always right.

This kind of statement actually makes me want to help you less.  They are not always right.

26 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

If you don't have to have a lense and extra buttons, then a Sony Xperia smartphone. 

I actually think this guy is recommending a camera that's more suitable for you.  Get a good phone with a good camera.  If you want to buy a proper camera, with all the requirements you stated and with statements like this:

im of the opinion buy what you need.. even if its expensive.. learn how to use it, and upgrade when it wont suit you anymore.  so i dont mind spending some money., i just dont want someone to say.. "oh.. you spent 950 on that?? you should of just spent 1000 and got 'this.' "

(i know a little bit, but not enough. seeing the image in the evf will help alot)

basically looking for something that i can easily grow skills on while still learning...that gives me the option of putting on some really good glass and going on an expedition. 

I'm on the opinion that you should go take proper classes/courses on photography or videography before you buy a camera like the A6500.  An A6500 will be wasted in your hands.

i hate taking a sunset picture and it comes out completely different

What you need to do here is learn how to take photos of sunsets, because it seems here that you are expecting the camera to do the work for you.  If you want a camera that does the job for you and you wouldn't have to use much of your brain power or creativity, get a point&shoot camera.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins