The Best 15” Gaming Laptop? Asus Strix GL502VS Review

1 hour ago, Holleke said:

Are there more people with the heat problem ? I have almost the same laptop (gl553vd), and how did/would you solve that ?

I repasted the CPU and GPU with NH-H1 and switched the white gooey stuff with gelid gp-extreme to achieve quite a bit of a difference.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

18 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

For gaming and productivity how good is the Asus Strix GL502VS?

Buy the Asus GL502VS on Amazon: http://geni.us/KLSga

Buy the Asus GL502VS on Newegg: http://geni.us/4tDvRk

Why did this video do bad on yt it has around 400000 views mist ltt videos have 2 times that many views

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017 at 3:36 PM, Thunderzzu said:

I have the same laptop, but the 17" version - GL702VSK. 7700hq, 16gb ddr4, 1070 8gb, 256nvme, 1tb hdd, 17" panel.

The thermal throttling is real. Not just with your product. Synthetic benching pushed it up to a whopping 29% throttle. I switched the CPU, GPU paste with Noctua nt-h1, the thermal pads with gelid extreme pads, it still throttles up to 24% after half an hour, though, it went up to 29% in a few minutes before.

The laptop itself is horrible, and i definitely do not recommend it.

This is coming from a true Asus fan, but the lack of support and product quality in the last few weeks has just made me re-consider everything i knew about Asus. My support ticket has been open since november 2016 (for the previous laptop - G750JX), the new ones have been open for 2 months - NO REPLY.

The touchpad doesn't work - it lags, skips, zooms instead of scrolls, and occasionally just dies

The SD card reader doesn't work. Like at all. RIP

Throttling like crazy

If you format the PC to get rid of all of the bloatware, you can't install most of the "laptop specific" features again, as their drivers do not include them. I can not get Sound Sonic.

Really, get a different laptop if you're buying a new one and thought this was a good choice.

I agree you on that. I have the GL502VS with Intel 6th generation. All the games I play on it get the GPU over 85 degrees. I just don't understand why in all the revews they say: "Hey, it's cool, nice thermal management". Maybe it is because they try them on very cold environments? Who knows. I do recommend the GL502VS, it's really cheap, at least compared tu MSI or Alienware, and with a GTX 1070, I think it's a pretty good deal.

14 hours ago, LuisJimz said:

I agree you on that. I have the GL502VS with Intel 6th generation. All the games I play on it get the GPU over 85 degrees. I just don't understand why in all the revews they say: "Hey, it's cool, nice thermal management". Maybe it is because they try them on very cold environments? Who knows. I do recommend the GL502VS, it's really cheap, at least compared tu MSI or Alienware, and with a GTX 1070, I think it's a pretty good deal.

Well, if i'm being honest, i haven't yet experienced throttling outside synthetic benchmarks. But still, equipping a laptop with such components and not being able to cool them is a douche move...

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

Does the 15 inch have HDMI 2.0? 

Made the mistake of not checking before and had one 4k monitor at 30Hz, not cool. The descriptions across retailers are inconsistent