Gaming chair

Oswyn

Chair So I'm back on the hunt for a new chair because mine is just falling apart and I saw Paul's Hardware taking a look at the Tesoro - Zone Evolution Chair ( http://tesorotec.com/project/zone-balance/ ) and it looks like a pretty good chair and is reasonably priced for me. My questions are is it good for a 6’1 and weigh 154 pounds guy. And would this be a good chair or are there better options out there for this price range (Less than $230 is what I'm looking for) 

Don't get a stupid racing chair, i have one and it's AWFUL.

My god, i hate it. It's just not meant for a desk. It's designed for a car that goes 100+mph on a track, unless that's the speed you and your desk move on a regular basis it's not what you want.

Get something big and comfy and don't make the same stupid mistake as i did.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

My god, i hate it. It's just not meant for a desk. It's designed for a car that goes 100+mph on a track, unless that's the speed you and your desk move on a regular basis it's not what you want.

I agree with this so much! I had a DX Racer chair but returned it emediately. I bought a way cheaper IKEA chair and this thing is so much better!

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I feel like you can't just lump one bad experience with a racing gaming chair and say that they're ALL bad did you have this exact chair???

5 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

My desk goes 100mph+ on a regular basis and my shitty fluffy office chair doesn't give me ANY cornering support at all. Wish I had gotten a gaming chair >.>

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I feel like there is some disdain for gaming chairs among you guys can you just explain how one bag gaming chair means they're all bad?

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

Just buy an office chair like herman miller or something dont get racing chair u'll end up breaking your back.

3 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

My desk goes 100mph+ on a regular basis and my shitty fluffy office chair doesn't give me ANY cornering support at all. Wish I had gotten a gaming chair >.>

5 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

I agree with this so much! I had a DX Racer chair but returned it emediately. I bought a way cheaper IKEA chair and this thing is so much better!

7 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Have any of you ever even use this chair there are crappy desk chairs like the one I have and then there are good ones I feel like it would be the same for gaming chairs.

Just telling me gaming chairs are crap doesn't really help me much...

5 minutes ago, Oswyn said:

Have any of you ever even use this chair there are crappy desk chairs like the one I have and then there are good ones I feel like it would be the same for gaming chairs.

You are clearly ignoring the advice you asked for. Which is the same advice most people give around ANY 'gaming' chair, they look cool, that's pretty much it.

Like the other guy said, these styles of chair are meant to provide support on the street/track, not on your carpet(or tile, hardwood, weird plastic thing above your carpet, whatever). If you are after something comfortable, money is better spent on a chair with a good amount of padding, cushion, and support for your back.

SOME people are more comfortable in the gaming chairs but they usually didn't buy them in the less than $500 price range. I have had more than a couple 'gaming' chairs, and I hated them.

This specific brand, I don't know, but I doubt they are some diamond in the rough changing shit up. There is a reason why it is so cheap.

I wish you luck, if you don't want to take our advice, buy it from a reputable source and try it out, if it doesn't work out return it.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

2 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

You are clearly ignoring the advice you asked for. Which is the same advice most people give around ANY 'gaming' chair, they look cool, that's pretty much it.

Like the other guy said, these styles of chair are meant to provide support on the street/track, not on your carpet. If you are after something comfortable, money is better spent on a chair with a good amount of padding, cushion, and support for your back.

SOME people are more comfortable in the gaming chairs but they usually didn't buy them in the less than $500 price range. I have had more than a couple 'gaming' chairs, and I hated them.

This specific brand, I don't know, but I doubt they are some diamond in the rough changing shit up. There is a reason why it is so cheap.

I wish you luck, if you don't want to take our advice, buy it from a reputable source and try it out, if it doesn't work out return it.

3 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Racing chair is not meant for comfort trust me when u sit there for a long time your body will feel like shit not to mentioned the lack of back support.

Racing chair are cancer of gaming industries.

I have tried those stupid DX RACER chair and when i compare it to my old $120 office chair maaan i feel sorry for people who bought racing chair.

But if u still insist and want those stripes on your chair to make you goes faster by all means we are not trying to tell u not to get racing chair just sharing our experience with it.

I'm not trying to not listen to you guys I would just like to know more about your reasoning so that I can make a better decision. because I've Heard lots of people saying that they're so comfortable

Just now, Oswyn said:

I'm not trying to not listen to you guys I would just like to know more about your reasoning so that I can make a better decision. because I've Heard lots of people saying that they're so comfortable

I hate to say but I'm sure a lot of the people you are hearing that from, are paid sponsors, which is fine but don't trust them like the word of god. I haven't met anyone in person or spoken to anyone on these forums that was happy with their purchase of a race car seat for an office chair. Like I said, try it, if you don't like it. Return it :)

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Well they arent.

Then how would you go about looking for a new chair if gaming chairs are the epitome of bad. ( I've been in the “process” I'm getting a new chair for a while and I haven't been able to find anything that really appeals to what I want.)

3 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I hate to say but I'm sure a lot of the people you are hearing that from, are paid sponsors, which is fine but don't trust them like the word of god. I haven't met anyone in person or spoken to anyone on these forums that was happy with their purchase of a race car seat for an office chair. Like I said, try it, if you don't like it. Return it :)

Actually someone that I know personally has said that they like they're about $150 gaming chair and that it's comfortable ( they got it somewhat recently so I don't know if that's still true)

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Well luckily there are a lot of furniture store in here so i just dive in and try the chair one by one till i find the right chair for my ass :P

U can always return it if u dont like though if there are no furniture store in your area.

The crappy part is is that it's really hard to trust anyone when it comes to reviews because you don't know if you're finding someone that legit likes it or dislikes it or someone that's paid off. and also there's the fact that maybe it's nice when you first sit on it but what about in a week, a month or a year.

40 minutes ago, Oswyn said:

DX Racer chairs are not crappy or cheap to be honest, but they still lose to what IKEA offers..

31 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

DX Racer chairs are not crappy or cheap to be honest, but they still lose to what IKEA offers..

If we're honest there are much better chairs than IKEA if you're willing to look, but even their Markus is better than a DX Racer, and I've tried it first hand. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I have a $20 stool which I can put stuff in it. Thats my gaming chair.

OP Your asking us for our opinions yet your reject them. Either acknowledge them or stop arguing.

Keep in mind there is no such thing as "gaming". its a marketing scheme. 

In addition, you are perceiving it wrong at all ways. 

what is the soul reason for getting a chair.       

Sitting

Are u doing any special things with ur chair (racing/piloting, thus get the racing chairs (what people call gaming) )

You are getting a chair for its comfort, not aesthetics. These racing chairs are meant to simulate racing and etc. go on that product page of zone balance. What ACTUAL ergonomic features make it unique?

Steel frame ?

the back bends back?

fake leather?

Stop refusing the obvious. These chairs are not for long hours of ergonomic use. There are different chairs for different uses.

Its like asking people how a shoe fits. To some its comfy, others its not.

Take JayTwocents for example, he thought these chairs were "amazing" and good for gaming etc until he felt a real ergonomic chair.

Also, why do u accept people positives reviews but not there negatives? what is the point of a review then?