Best fans for each type of use

Firstnecron

I know Linus has brought up the topic in the past, but I can't seem to find it. What, other than Noctua fans, are good? Comparable to the Noctua ones.

I just can't deal with that color scheme :(

If you are talking about pressure optimized fans for use on radiators.

Noctua F Series

Scythe Gentle Typhoons

Silverstone AP121

GELID Wings

Gentle Typhoons and Corsair SP Performance fans are all the rage. the latter loses points from Linus because of 'leakage', but he's the only one I've heard make that type of complaint about fans

If you don't like the colour on the Noctua fans then my next recommendation would be the Silverstone AP121 they are great fans and have had a lot of R&D time put into them

Check the Alpenfohn Wing Boost. They are pressure-optimized fans and they are very quiet.

• MB MSI Z77A-GD65

CPU Intel Core i7-2600K + Corsair H60 + 2x Alpenfohn Wing Boost

RAM Corsair Dominator 16 GB

GPU MSI Radeon HD6950 Twin Frozr II / OC

SC Asus Xonar D2X

SSD Corsair Force GT 120 GB

HDD WD Black 1 TB + Blue 1 TB + Green 500 GB

PSU Corsair HX650

Case NZXT Phantom 820 Black

Rheobus NZXT Sentry LXE

Monitor: 3x LG IPS231P + Philips 298P4Q

Hi-Fi Onkyo HT-S3305

OS Windows 8.1 Pro

Someone should make a list of recommended fans for different applications. LINUS why u no give us data on forums yet.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

The Corsair SP series are truly good fans for all purposes. You can't really go wrong with Corsair.

But I really don't see a reason to not go Noctua. They are the cream of the cream.

As case fans i prefer the BeQuiet Silent Wings 2, for everything else Noctua all the way

The Corsair SP series are truly good fans for all purposes. You can't really go wrong with Corsair.

They are good Fans, but undervolt pretty bad compared to others

For silence, the Noiseblocker M12-S1 remains unparalleled to my knowledge. Great airflow-to-noise ratio for how quiet they are, but that speaks more towards it's silence than it's airflow. Not for use in the beefiest of rigs...

Source #1

Source #2 (you can see here it's joint-2nd for 7v noise while winning 7v airflow in the "dead silent" 120mm category)

best case fans are bitfenix spectra pros.

works with out any problem at 5V, 7V or 12V,

No electrical noise or any other disturbing stuff. so IMO they are the best.

They are good Fans' date=' but undervolt pretty bad compared to others[/quote']

Do they? I guess that's understandable because they're optimized for static pressure.

Corsair Fans all the way!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

They are good Fans' date=' but undervolt pretty bad compared to others[/quote'] Do they? I guess that's understandable because they're optimized for static pressure.

Noctua F Series fans are optimised for pressure and they undervolt well.

Someone should make a list of recommended fans for different applications. LINUS why u no give us data on forums yet.
Noctua has on their site a list of how their 120mm fans should be used good info URL http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=which_fan_is_right_for_me&lng=en

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Using the SP120 quiet editions on my H100 and the AF120 quiet edition as an exhaust, fantastic fans and their super quiet. Could not recommend them enough!

I put noctua NF-F12's on everything. Heatsinks, radiators, cases etc.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

Search for Noiseblocker eLoops. Best fans out there :)

I got two Corsair SP120s Performance Edition on my heatsink in push-pull config - love them... and one Corsair AF120 Quiet edit in front of my case as intake and one in back as outtake.

Just a side note - my case: Advance Hunter X (fans all the way) :D

The best quiet fans for radiators and heatsinks are:

Noctua NF-F12s and P12s (last forever)

Scythe GT (a little whiny but have a very high CFM)

Noiseblocker blacksilent, blacksilent pro and multiframe

Some alright rad fans are:

Yate Loons (cheap)

Bitfenix spectre pro

the best high performance rad fans are:

Deltas (I don't think they undervolt well)

High speed Gentle typhoons (pretty good on a fan controller)

For case fans, you can really get anything that undervolts well. Noctua NF-S12B are good too.

I think the problem with this question is that it's waaaay to broad. Many different fans will be superior to others in many different scenarios, so it really does depend on your specific needs and situation.

It's like asking " which are the best kind of automobiles for each use?"

Doesn't really mean anything... Just my two cents.

Actually, Silverstone air penetrators are some of the best case fans. They have a very directed airflow.