Is USB Type-C ACTUALLY Stronger?? Durability Test

22 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

That thumbnail tho.

I am going to be polite in commenting that thumbnail so I will just say that it is so annoying that i will not watch that video at all and that I've removed it from showing in my Youtube account. That thumbnail is just a waaay out from the borders of good taste....

1 hour ago, Niksa said:

I am going to be polite in commenting that thumbnail so I will just say that it is so annoying that i will not watch that video at all and that I've removed it from showing in my Youtube account. That thumbnail is just a waaay out from the borders of good taste....

I think it's hilarious.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

On 6/6/2017 at 1:52 PM, Being Delirious said:

James is the terroriser looking guy.

What does this mean? :|

28 minutes ago, James said:

What does this mean? :|

YALL LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME

The geek himself.

On 07/06/2017 at 11:46 AM, King_of_Oz said:

Nice English.

Alright, you have me scratching my noggin, where did I go wrong? 

2 hours ago, KE2012 said:

Alright, you have me scratching my noggin, where did I go wrong? 

You went wrong knowhere. I was literally complementing you on your English. That specific sentence was quite sofisticated.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Owner (IDK if im proud or not) of an LG G5 which features a type-c port. I got it late May 2016, and it still feels crisp. The "brand new" tight fit isn't there anymore, but it's much better than my poor G3's charging port was doing after 1 year of ownership.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

On 2017-6-7 at 8:20 AM, Spork829 said:

Durable or not, Micro-B is just annoying to use. 

How long did you use each for? I'm coming up on a year and a half with my Nexus 6P and I haven't had any problems with the connector.

Both failed within under a year, although I have bad luck when it comes to electronics apparently.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

All but one or two of the MicroB cables that have failed for me has been ones included with phones, powerbanks and the like. Aftermarket ones has been doing really well. And the only device I've used with a failed MicroUSB port was a cheap powerbank that I got for free at a convention.

While my experience with USB type C is limited, I am not convinced yet that it is a better connector than MicroB outside of the reversibility 

• 2 weeks later...

Micro USB 2.0 is not too bad. Micro USB 3.0 is terrible.

USB type C is nice even if it's only about as durable as Micro B 2.0, because it enables USB 3.x speeds.

And the fact that it's reversible is nice too.

On 07/06/2017 at 0:47 PM, Cinnabar Sonar said:

This doesn't address the biggest problem with micro B.  Trying to shove the thing the wrong orientation half the time.

You can actually buy reversible micro-B 2.0 cables. I have a few.

• 6 years later...

any update on this?? need a lightining / USB C version too 😛