Go pro clone wifi problems

I have an akaso ek7000 which is a copy of a go pro. It has a cool feature which i want to use, you can download an android app which allows you to see what the camera can see, i was planning to use this as a spy camera sort of thing and stick it somewhere and watch it on my phone, i can do this. But then i wanted to see things at night so i wanted to record it and view it in the morning. My plan was to connect my pc to my camera through wifi and use bluestacks or a similar android emulator to view the camera and record it with obs or something. All the android emulators dont seem to work with wifi, im connected to the camera on my pc and when i open the app for the camera it fails to connect, when i go to wifi settings in the emulator there is one option which is called something like bluestacks. Anybody have any idea how to fix wifi in android emulators or another way to view what my camera sees? By the way the app is called EZ-ICAM. cheers

That's pretty creepy dude. But anyway, the way that they work is your phone/the camera act as a router, and the other connects to it. It's similar to how people knock out Cafe wifi and set up their own, passing all data through them and steal information. (Except it has no way of accessing the internet). I can only suggest using some sort of old tablet or phone to livestream the content somewhere privately and use OBS to record that, if somehow you can use an OTG cable to add another Wi-Fi adapter. Otherwise, you'd need a separate Wi-Fi adapter especially for your Bluestacks on your PC, and god knows how you'd set that up, let alone if they support it. Another idea is just not to spy. What's it for anyway? That might make a difference to the solution.

Edit: On second thoughts, you can't even livestream it. Basically you're gunna need some sort of cable/hardware connection from whatever device has the livestream on.

1 minute ago, BlueBeachMonster said:

That's pretty creepy dude. But anyway, the way that they work is your phone/the camera act as a router, and the other connects to it. It's similar to how people knock out Cafe wifi and set up their own, passing all data through them and steal information. (Except it has no way of accessing the internet). I can only suggest using some sort of old tablet or phone to livestream the content somewhere privately and use OBS to record that. Otherwise, you'd need a separate Wi-Fi adapter especially for Bluestacks, and god knows how you'd set that up, let alone if they support it. Another idea is just not to spy. What's it for anyway? That might make a difference to the solution.

ahhh mate. spying on my cats. they break stuff in the night and break into rooms they shouldnt be in, i need to find out how xD hahahahaah

by the way i tried using my phone but the main problem is storage space, I can record it on my phone or directly on the camera but like 8 hours of footage is gonna take up alot of space, if i can record on obs on my pc im good becuase i have a 1tb hard drive.

1 minute ago, Will01 said:

ahhh mate. spying on my cats. they break stuff in the night and break into rooms they shouldnt be in, i need to find out how xD hahahahaah

Recording that 24/7 is gunna take a LOT of storage in decent quality, so I'd recommend taking a timelapse if that's your thing. You can just plug your camera in each day and purge it to a drive and start recording again?

by the way i tried using my phone but the main problem is storage space, I can record it on my phone or directly on the camera but like 8 hours of footage is gonna take up alot of space, if i can record on obs on my pc im good becuase i have a 1tb hard drive.

24 hours of footage in 1080p would be around 87GB.

Just now, BlueBeachMonster said:

Recording that 24/7 is gunna take a LOT of storage in decent quality, so I'd recommend taking a timelapse if that's your thing. You can just plug your camera in each day and purge it to a drive and start recording again?

well obs takes nothing when recording stuff, im still not exactly sure why i cant just connect to the camera through wifi on my pc. i dont get you sorry

well obs takes nothing when recording stuff, im still not exactly sure why i cant just connect to the camera through wifi on my pc. i dont get you sorry

To connect to your camera using your phone, notice how your normal Wi-Fi connection is knocked out? That's because the direct connection takes ahold of your adapter, and doesn't use bluetooth. You'd need 2 adapters to access the internet, AND directly connect at the same time.

ah man im not getting you sorry. I can connect to the camera on my pc.

Just now, Will01 said:

ah man im not getting you sorry. I can connect to the camera on my pc.

Okay, not trying to be funny but if you don't understand that, good luck using some sort of dual-adapter system. I'm afraid what you're planning isn't possible, hardware wise, not software.

ok, you said " I can only suggest using some sort of old tablet or phone to livestream the content somewhere privately and use OBS to record that," what do you mean by this. The way i tried was casting it to my phone app like usual and then connected my phone to my pc via some weird app via usb, it worked for half an hour and disconnected

Just now, Will01 said:

ok, you said " I can only suggest using some sort of old tablet or phone to livestream the content somewhere privately and use OBS to record that," what do you mean by this. The way i tried was casting it to my phone app like usual and then connected my phone to my pc via some weird app via usb, it worked for half an hour and disconnected

I said edit: You can't do that on second thoughts. You're on your own on that one. 

Just now, BlueBeachMonster said:

I said edit: You can't do that on second thoughts. You're on your own on that one. 

ah right okay. Im trying to think of any other ways to do this. The route problem is hard drive space, i cant fit 8 hours of footage on a micro sd card, now im trying to think of other ways to connect the camera to my pc, how to record my phone screen to mc pc, or a way to setup a timer to start and finish recording for me so i dont run out of space. cheers

Another thing that could be possible to do it with is the camera has a micro hdmi on the side. I can put this onto a monitor but again i cant record it.

ah right okay. Im trying to think of any other ways to do this. The route problem is hard drive space, i cant fit 8 hours of footage on a micro sd card, now im trying to think of other ways to connect the camera to my pc, how to record my phone screen to mc pc, or a way to setup a timer to start and finish recording for me so i dont run out of space. cheers

If you do use timelapse features taking individual photos, you can always use a program to transfer them all 1 by 1 from your phone to your PC.

I dont think i timelapse as in taking pictures every so many seconds would work for what im doing, although i could record in a lower quality, that wouldnt make a difference.