NEED HELP PLANNING GAMING PC

Hey guys, 

I've never built a pc before but I'm really excited to start. I know some of the basics but not all that much. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me design a gaming pc. I live in the UK where the currency is £. What I'd really want is a console killer so the price chat really be more than £300/£350 ($380/$450 USD). I really need a new pc. My current gaming equipment is an old slow xbox 360 and a ok laptop, with integrated graphics and an amd a6 processor with 6gb of ram. I can just about get 30 fps on tf2. I have all peripherals btw.  I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out here. This community is great and I'd really appreciate any help. 

- Thank you 

Just now, Dingdongding said:

Brand new or used parts?

I'd be fine with used 

Just now, madmaninabox42 said:

What kind of games were you planning on playing?

Tf2, Csgo, overwatch, firewatch, scrap mechanic, rocket league, star wars battlefront, titanfall 1&2.

9 minutes ago, CrazyRogersHJ said:

Hey guys, 

I've never built a pc before but I'm really excited to start. I know some of the basics but not all that much. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me design a gaming pc. I live in the UK where the currency is £. What I'd really want is a console killer so the price chat really be more than £300/£350 ($380/$450 USD). I really need a new pc. My current gaming equipment is an old slow xbox 360 and a ok laptop, with integrated graphics and an amd a6 processor with 6gb of ram. I can just about get 30 fps on tf2. I have all peripherals btw.  I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out here. This community is great and I'd really appreciate any help. 

- Thank you 

Try go for something like an gtx 1050, h110 mobo and Penteum G4400 or something long those lines
The key is to not overspend on the CPU+mobo and get as much as possible out of the gpu. 

Can find rx460 for pennies too. 

If you go used, could try a 1050ti. 
Sadly you won't get yourself a 470 since they are in high demand for mining.

Just now, CrazyRogersHJ said:

Looks great, what kind of resolution would run smoothly ? 1080p preferably 

In the games you mentioned 1080p. It would struggle with something like GTA v however.

1 minute ago, Andrew Sh said:

Try go for something like an gtx 1050, h110 mobo and Penteum G4400 or something long those lines
The key is to not overspend on the CPU+mobo and get as much as possible out of the gpu. 

Can find rx460 for pennies too. 

If you go used, could try a 1050ti. 
Sadly you won't get yourself a 470 since they are in high demand for mining.

Thanks for the advise I'll look into it. Do you think  a 1060 6gb may work or just stick with the 1050(ti)

1 minute ago, Dingdongding said:

In the games you mentioned 1080p. It would struggle with something like GTA v however.

Ah ok thanks.

Hey I gtg for a bit but I'd appreciate anything you guys say. Speak in the morning 

1 minute ago, CrazyRogersHJ said:

Thanks for the advise I'll look into it. Do you think  a 1060 6gb may work or just stick with the 1050(ti)

If you can stretch to a 1060 6gb without bottlenecking then go for it. My advice, don't buy the cheapest cpu you can. You'll end up with a fantastic GPU that's barley utilised.

My current build is around the price you are looking for, and I play similar games that you're looking to play at high/ultra at 1080p 60fps. 

MSI 1050ti

8gb ram

Asus h110 m.2

Intel i3 -6100

NZXT s340

1tb Hard Drive

Just now, Dingdongding said:

If you can stretch to a 1060 6gb without bottlenecking then go for it. My advice, don't buy the cheapest cpu you can. You'll end up with a fantastic GPU that's barley utilised.

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind ?

1 minute ago, madmaninabox42 said:

My current build is around the price you are looking for, and I play similar games that you're looking to play at high/ultra at 1080p 60fps. 

MSI 1050ti

8gb ram

Asus h110 m.2

Intel i3 -6100

NZXT s340

1tb Hard Drive

I'll check them out thank you guys for the response so quick this is a great community

1 minute ago, Dingdongding said:

Are we including peripherals or do you already have them?

I have peripherals

8 minutes ago, CrazyRogersHJ said:

1060 6gb will dry up most of your budget so I wouldn't get it. Also a Penteum may bottleneck in some games.
1050/ti is a great 1080p option.

Gotta remember that at £300-£350 you really are limiting yourself but that's the beauty of pc building. You can just play on med-high settings, drop shadows and AA and play at a comfortable 60fps.

PSU- £40

CPU- £50

Cheapo Case - £25

Mobo - £50-70

Ram: 45ish

That's already 210-230.

Obviously if you go second hand scrapyard style, you could get some of that cheaper.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Sh said:

Little over? That's +50% :D Can builld similar performance with much lower cost.

@OP are you US or UK based?

If his max is 450 USD it's 90 dollars over(60 with rebates), hardly +50 percent. Could always swap out the i3 for a pentium and get a cheaper mobo though.

7 hours ago, Andrew Sh said:

1060 6gb will dry up most of your budget so I wouldn't get it. Also a Penteum may bottleneck in some games.
1050/ti is a great 1080p option.

Gotta remember that at £300-£350 you really are limiting yourself but that's the beauty of pc building. You can just play on med-high settings, drop shadows and AA and play at a comfortable 60fps.

PSU- £40

CPU- £50

Cheapo Case - £25

Mobo - £50-70

Ram: 45ish

That's already 210-230.

Obviously if you go second hand scrapyard style, you could get some of that cheaper.

That sounds really great. I'll keep that in mind. Would you recommend a SSD or hdd? 

7 hours ago, Le Sulfur said:

If you don't mind going slightly over budget this isn't terrible: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BFfjkT

Thank you for helping me but I don't think I would be able to go that much over my budget. But I really appreciate it