PC died after Windows updates.

Chaicho

After some updates I was jus browsing and suddenly it turns off like never before.

I see all sorts of horizontal colored lines and then it shut off.

I turned it back on but it seems as if the outlay of windows disappeared, all I see is black and the cursor which I can move freely. I tried restarting it several times.

Also, after the updates I also updated my gpu  driver so I'm not really sure what the problem was.

1 minute ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

I don't know what the problem is it sounds like a gpu driver behaving badly 

Your best option is to reinstall windows 

What! There has to be something else.

The first part, that being the horizontal lines, sounds more like a GPU driver or even hardware problem and less like a problem with windows. The part about windows being only a cursor is a very frequent problem to some people but also can be caused by a variety of other problems. I would recommend completely turning off the computer and then unplugging the computer and letting it sit for a few minutes. Try turning the computer on after that and it should go directly to windows. I would also recommend leaving it to sit fora few minutes. Sometimes its just caused by a problem with windows booting.

1 minute ago, MatrixGrenade said:

The first part, that being the horizontal lines, sounds more like a GPU driver or even hardware problem and less like a problem with windows. The part about windows being only a cursor is a very frequent problem to some people but also can be caused by a variety of other problems. I would recommend completely turning off the computer and then unplugging the computer and letting it sit for a few minutes. Try turning the computer on after that and it should go directly to windows. I would also recommend leaving it to sit fora few minutes. Sometimes its just caused by a problem with windows booting.

Im with u because as soon as the gpu driver finished installing the lines appeared.

Just now, Chaicho said:

Im with u because as soon as the gpu driver finished installing the lines appeared.

Take out your GPU, and run off integrated graphics.

then, use DDU to uninstall the drivers you have, and shutdown.

then, put your GPU back in, and reinstall drivers.

that should fix any driver issues.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, Chaicho said:

Well if they appeared right after the driver updated then it's definetly not a hardware thing its defiently a driver problem.

22 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Take out your GPU, and run off integrated graphics.

then, use DDU to uninstall the drivers you have, and shutdown.

then, put your GPU back in, and reinstall drivers.

that should fix any driver issues.

Love you man. Did every step and it worked perfectly.