What should I fix in these pictures?

Title says it all..

(I think they need some brightening.)

evouk7Y.jpg

6uPTb8S.jpg

jwEWpMj.jpg

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

When doing action shots, I find they look better when shooting 2-3 feet off the ground instead of 5 feet or so. A little bit of cropping and color adjustments and it should be good.

Back from the dead....

you should totally shoop that board away!

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

When doing action shots, I find they look better when shooting 2-3 feet off the ground instead of 5 feet or so. A little bit of cropping and color adjustments and it should be good.

Im actually that they are not blurry as I took them with a point-and-shoot. Got to start somewhere!

(Samsung DV150F)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

A little cropping to match the thirds rule and maybe a little sharpening?

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Here You go:

ity4CSw.jpg

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

What I did in Lightroom

Exposure +0.24

Contrast -19

Highlights -64

Shadows +24

Whites +45

Blacks -17

Clarity -7

Vibrance +5

Saturation +10

applied to all, but settings are mainly for the first pic

TYKAI7g.jpg

XA6lEvD.jpg

ZTtBpvi.jpg

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

because its a overcast day and the camera is trying to lower the exposure. this results in darkening the actual subject. i would recommend using a flash for this kind of day and light conditions.

this will keep the exposure down so the sky will not be blown out but the subject wont be under exposed either.

also try to shoot the pic from close to the ground. this gives the photo a much wider feel. 

Here You go:

omg thats awesome.

What I did in Lightroom

Exposure +0.24

Contrast -19

Highlights -64

Shadows +24

Whites +45

Blacks -17

Clarity -7

Vibrance +5

Saturation +10

applied to all, but settings are mainly for the first pic

Appreciate it, thanks.

I agree that an off camera flash would have helped in these photos. Try not to crop people's limbs. I know it can be hard but looks good when you nail it. Nice job overall though.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

• 2 weeks later...

I like how this turned out.

post-543-0-99663800-1386387562_thumb.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Here You go:

ity4CSw.jpg

How the?! That's some serious skills! Even the detail in the tree's and stuff. Amaze.

RyQk7.gif

Not able to change it any more (well, open Photoshop and blur the background), but you should use wide aperture to only focus on the object itself in these kind of photos. 

get more blue in the sky if you can

I sometimes use the pen from my wacom tablet to type cuz i'm too lazy to set it down :P

You'll need Lightroom (or Photoshop but Lr is more user friendly), and color efex 4  and a raw file of this picture. When you got this check Serge Ramelli on Youtube to see his workflow (you can learn quite a bit). If you don't mind sending one or two of these to me, I would do the editing for you just for fun and because I like skateboarding. Preferably in RAW,but JPEG is OK. PM me if you want. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

You'll need Lightroom (or Photoshop but Lr is more user friendly), and color efex 4  and a raw file of this picture. When you got this check Serge Ramelli on Youtube to see his workflow (you can learn quite a bit). If you don't mind sending one or two of these to me, I would do the editing for you just for fun and because I like skateboarding. Preferably in RAW,but JPEG is OK. PM me if you want. 

I wish I had RAW images, the pictures in the OP are what I have.

Send what you have.

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

I'll do the last one, I'll make you a nice hipster retro look :D everyone loves that :D

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8145/i7z5.jpg   direct link

and i7z5.jpg

hope you like it..Your face is out of focus a bit, and the ISO is a bit too hig that's why it's a bit grainy...this is the best I could do without like good 10 hours of heavy retouching it in Photoshop.

I thought I'd give it a go.  :)

Maybe you like it?

post-2484-0-67455700-1387303660_thumb.pn

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

Wait, whut? Apparently I missed the skateboard?  :P

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70