(Ethernet) Internet going at 1/10 of normal speed?

logan

Okay, so... I normally have a download and upload of 100Mbps (we use fiber) (can't find original screenshot)

But every one in a while, my computer only download's at 10Mbps (see screenshot)

Normally I can just do a clean with Ccleaner, and restart, and the problem's solved...

but this time it isn't changing... 

any tips?

Capture.PNG

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

Your local link is only 10mbps. Try reinstalling your network drivers, using a different ethernet cable and a different port on the modem/router/switch/whatever you have.

6 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

Your local link is only 10mbps. Try reinstalling your network drivers, using a different ethernet cable and a different port on the modem/router/switch/whatever you have.

so does that mean it went to a 10mbps port overnight? as it was using/going at 100Mbps yesterday? 

just wondering? (not trying to sound rude)

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

Just now, logan said:

so does that mean it went to a 10mbps port overnight? as it was using/going at 100Mbps yesterday? 

just wondering? (not trying to sound rude)

Probably an automated update on something that conflicts with the drivers, or a crappy cable. Although in my experience cables either dont work or get 100mbps or 1000mbps.
But you could always believe in gremlins :D

Do you have other wired devices you could test this with? Also, did you turn everything off and on?

Also u can go to network adapter and configure It yourself maybe It could help see my screen capture.

Where says Auto Negotiaton u can check what u want.

NetworkNegociate.PNG.ebc5a151787bab10133130e8deacb0e6.PNG

EDIT: go network adapters,right click and Poperties>Configure>Advanced Options>Speed & Duplex

Edited by hignom

6 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

Probably an automated update on something that conflicts with the drivers, or a crappy cable. Although in my experience cables either dont work or get 100mbps or 1000mbps.
But you could always believe in gremlins :D

Do you have other wired devices you could test this with? Also, did you turn everything off and on?

5 minutes ago, hignom said:

Also u can go to network adapter and configure It yourself maybe It could help see my screen capture.

Where says Auto Negotiaton u can check what u want.

NetworkNegociate.PNG.ebc5a151787bab10133130e8deacb0e6.PNG

Thank you Pesukarhu, I disabled it, and it reenabled it... and now it seems to be working fine 

If it happens again, is it likely to fix it, if I disable the driver again, aka repeat what I just did?

and Hignom, what would that do? (sorry, I'm not the smartest crayon)

132.PNG

1233.PNG

2 minutes ago, logan said:

Thank you Pesukarhu, I disabled it, and it reenabled it... and now it seems to be working fine 

If it happens again, is it likely to fix it, if I disable the driver again, aka repeat what I just did?

and Hignom, what would that do? (sorry, I'm not the smartest crayon)

132.PNG

That will fix your conexion to a fixed negotiation just put it to a 100 full duplex and try if not just go back to auto. And...try reinstalling the network adapter.

1 minute ago, hignom said:

That will fix your conexion to a fixed negotiation just put it to a 100 full duplex and try if not just go back to auto. And...try reinstalling the network adapter.

ahh sorry, i meant i uninstalled it, and it reinstalled, lol...i didn't mean disabled 

and okay, if i set it to 100 full, does that mean my internet should always be at that 100? 

(sorry for all the questions)

2 minutes ago, logan said:

ahh sorry, i meant i uninstalled it, and it reinstalled, lol...i didn't mean disabled 

and okay, if i set it to 100 full, does that mean my internet should always be at that 100? 

(sorry for all the questions)

Thats the point.

Just now, hignom said:

Thats the point.

okay, i was just confirming :)

I did set it to that 100 full

thank you very much :3