Unable to adjust brightness after Windows 8.1 Update

hassanul

Hello

I just updated to Windows 8.1 and I couldn't change the brightness of my laptop screen. Tried reinstalling and updating both the Intel and Nvidia drivers from the acer website and the intel/nvidia website as well as the older drivers that worked before the update. I could adjust the brightness slider from the charms menu but the brightness of the screen just won't change at all. My laptop is an Acer V3-571G, has Intel 4000 Graphics and a GT640M for the discrete graphics.

Thanks for your time

with the fn keys or in the windows interface?

Hello

I just updated to Windows 8.1 and I couldn't change the brightness of my laptop screen. Tried reinstalling and updating both the Intel and Nvidia drivers from the acer website and the intel/nvidia website as well as the older drivers that worked before the update. I could adjust the brightness slider from the charms menu but the brightness of the screen just won't change at all. My laptop is an Acer V3-571G, has Intel 4000 Graphics and a GT640M for the discrete graphics.

Thanks for your time

My mates having the same problem...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Is there drivers you can download from the manufacturer of your laptop? You can also alter the brightness settings by changing the graphical settings in the ATI/AMD/Nvidia control panel.

Did either of you check for updated drivers before you installed or ran the compatibility program Microsoft have?

This is common when the display isisnt compatible with the OS the black light keys fail to function

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Go to Acer and redownload the display driver. It screwed over my friend's laptop too.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Did either of you check for updated drivers before you installed or ran the compatibility program Microsoft have?

This is common when the display isisnt compatible with the OS the black light keys fail to function

I did run the compatibility program that Microsoft has multiple times (~3 times). It didn't report any problems with both of the drivers.

with the fn keys or in the windows interface?

Both doesn't seem to be working, even tried changing the brightness using the charms menu.