Help with adding subwoofer into setup!

alexjt11

Reading that user NrKj105's posts gave me a headache... Hopefully you take @elira's and @anothertom's advice.

20 minutes ago, elira said:

Judging by the connections of that subwoofer it should have a crossover inside, so no additional crossover is needed.

And for the amp, a expensive one is not needed, one with enough power should be fine.

The sub unlikely to have a crossover inside as it used to be part of a system. There's little point in doing the processing at a high level when it can be done at a low level or better yet digitally. You would still want the crossover to stop the rokit 6's from trying to do 30hz.

I agree a cheap amp will do, so long as it outputs somewhere around 100w into 8ohms and you trust it to not blown up in your face.

1 hour ago, anothertom said:

The sub unlikely to have a crossover inside as it used to be part of a system. There's little point in doing the processing at a high level when it can be done at a low level or better yet digitally. You would still want the crossover to stop the rokit 6's from trying to do 30hz.

I agree a cheap amp will do, so long as it outputs somewhere around 100w into 8ohms and you trust it to not blown up in your face.

This specific subwoofer takes the input from an amp and outputs to the loudpanels, so it must have a cross over inside.

I think a cheap amp should be enough.

edu2076-wharfedale-loudpanel-wall-speaker-pps-1-with-subwoofer-12 (1).jpeg

2 hours ago, elira said:

This specific subwoofer takes the input from an amp and outputs to the loudpanels, so it must have a cross over inside.

I think a cheap amp should be enough.

edu2076-wharfedale-loudpanel-wall-speaker-pps-1-with-subwoofer-12 (1).jpeg

That's a different picture to what I'd found, so you're probably right. But given that the rokit 6's are active you'd still need something to avoid phasing issues at the lower frequencies.

4 hours ago, alexjt11 said:

@anothertom Is this subwoofer worth spending all this money on?

In my opinion, if you're not going to do something properly you're better off not doing it. From what I see the rokit 6's are capable speakers in their own right, so unless you explicitly want to add a sub rather than just adding something onto what you've got, there's no need to.

TL;DR No.

On 5/30/2017 at 6:40 PM, NrKj105 said:

ye.png

Didnt work ...

43 minutes ago, alexjt11 said:

Didnt work ...

it wouldn't work..

that advice is total bullshit.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:00 PM, NrKj105 said:

it can
just not as loud as it should be expected

as in mosquito fart loud from 4km away

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Here are my 2 cents.

Get a amplifier for the woofer (cheap one will do, i have a chinesium one (search ebay for "12v subwoofer amplifier 200w". Price is around 30€. I power it from my pc through a molex connector. Plenty of power, i usually keep it set about 1/3 of the way. Doesn't have great shielding so when a phone is near it will make the occasional buzzing sound. Pictures in spoiler)

Spoiler

IMG_4408.thumb.JPG.d8950f550c3ec5a7c89ee94d1b4dba24.JPG

It does have a blue led though...

IMG_4409.thumb.JPG.62baa9bd3e374fd112cff03168d31125.JPG

The speaker output is a wire soldered directly to the board, this came attached.

Connect your woofer to your amp and your amp into your mixers tape out or headphones. (My amp is connected to the control room out on my mixer, and speakers to main out)