How good is this $117 computer?

Okay so I bought this computer from a neighbor for $100 and I am going to get a hyper T2 for $17 soon and I just want to know how good my build is. Everyone keeps laughing at me when I said I was going to make a "gaming" computer for around $100 and some people still do without checking specs. So I just want to know, do you have a good reason to laugh? Btw this came with 32GB of ram but I am selling 16gb for the t2 and a better mic and stuff

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Wr6Z8

Not that terrible at all.  I'd change the video card and get an SSD, but that's a pretty good deal for $100.

well its not that good but it will play games, well, all esports titles should run on low? id get a new GPU first and overclock the CPU as far as you can, for $100 its a good deal tbh

*edit*

dont add more RAM to the poor thing, it dosent deserve it. get a new GPU like the 1050TI or RX570 instead

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, PineyCreek said:

Not that terrible at all.  I'd change the video card and get an SSD, but that's a pretty good deal for $100.

thanks and I will if I ever get the money

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

well its not that good but it will play games, well, all esports titles should run on low? id get a new GPU first and overclock the CPU as far as you can, for $100 its a good deal tbh

I have seen other computers that can do less that have been called gaming computers so I will take that as a win

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

I'd make a note of what PSU you have as well since it isn't in your parts list.

oh ya thanks I just updated it

Video card's going to be your main bottleneck for running games at higher resolutions and quality, especially newer titles. 

Just now, EnderCat said:

I have seen other computers that can do less that have been called gaming computers so I will take that as a win

its going to be fine once you upgrade the GPU, it wont be great because the CPU isnt any good really but thats probably the best speced $100 computer i have seen. also is that PCPP list everything you are getting because in that case cut the RAM and get a 1050TI instead, this machine wont see any benefit of more RAM, CPU will be choked out before you need more then 16GB of RAM lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Hardly very powerful, but for $100, its not that bad. Another $150-$200 for a new GPU and you got a great console killer. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

its going to be fine once you upgrade the GPU, it wont be great because the CPU isnt any good really but thats probably the best speced $100 computer i have seen. also is that PCPP list everything you are getting because in that case cut the RAM and get a 1050TI instead, this machine wont see any benefit of more RAM, CPU will be choked out before you need more then 16GB of RAM lol

well this is what I have right now though it's not working too well since I think the stock cpu cooler is broke. But hey that's why I am selling 16gb of those 32gb for a new hyper t2 cooler

Except for the video card (a 5770 is what, 8 years old at least?) and the lack of an SSD, that seems like a pretty good deal for $100 dollars. Just out of curiosity what are the temps on the CPU? I can't imagine that a Hyper T2 can keep up very well with an FX 8150. Those things were space heaters if I recall correctly.

Spoiler

Main rig specs: i5-6500 (3.2 GHz), Cryorig H5 Universal, EVGA GTX 970 FTW+, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2133MHz), Asus Z170i Pro Gaming, Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

That's actually... better than my PC. except for graphics. More of a $300-400 rig right there.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Just now, Mr_Flynn said:

Except for the video card (a 5770 is what, 8 years old at least?) and the lack of an SSD, that seems like a pretty good deal for $100 dollars. Just out of curiosity what are the temps on the CPU? I can't imagine that a Hyper T2 can keep up very well with an FX 8150. Those things were space heaters if I recall correctly.

well right now the CPU is overheating because I don't have the t2 yet and I am just using the stock cooler. I can't even play minecraft without this thing overheating but I am almost out of money. If I don't get a pop filter for my mic I might have around $20 if you have any suggestions for a better cooler in the price range

26 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

32GB of ram

did your neighbour fall for the more RAM = Faster trap?

:P