Gigabyte radeon R7 240 Overclocking

Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,

every GPU is different. maybe yours cant OC very well.

no single clockspeed and voltage will work for all cards.

So I have had my Gigabyte Radeon R7 24 0and have recently been trying to overclock it since it doesn't perform good on most modern games. I am using MSI Afterburner and set the core clock and the memory clock to 1000mhz. And when I booted up MSI Kombuster it crashed which meant it was unstable. After that fail I tried loads of other different combos and they were all unstable. I watched guides on Youtube and it was still unstable. So that's why I'm here. It would help if anyone new a stable overclock for a GIGABYTE Radeon R7 240 that would be able to run Fallout 4 on low settings.:)

System Specs

-Intel Pentium E5300

-8 gigabytes of ddr3 ram

-Gigabyte Radeon R7 240, 2 gigabytes of ddr3

-Windows 10

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Lower resolution if you want to run fallout 4. it should be okay at low settings at 720p (console level)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

8 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Agreed. Although manafacturers aside, I would not come to ever believe the quality of silicone and alike things for such card were ever intended for any disruption to factory clocks and so forth since it for being such a cheaply low end card the components probably aren't up to much of an overclock.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

23 minutes ago, Colbea said:

So I have had my Gigabyte Radeon R7 24 0and have recently been trying to overclock it since it doesn't perform good on most modern games. I am using MSI Afterburner and set the core clock and the memory clock to 1000mhz. And when I booted up MSI Kombuster it crashed which meant it was unstable. After that fail I tried loads of other different combos and they were all unstable. I watched guides on Youtube and it was still unstable. So that's why I'm here. It would help if anyone new a stable overclock for a GIGABYTE Radeon R7 240 that would be able to run Fallout 4 on low settings.:)

System Specs

-Intel Pentium E5300

-8 gigabytes of ddr3 ram

-Gigabyte Radeon R7 240, 2 gigabytes of ddr3

-Windows 10

if you really wanna push GPU's like that, you'll need to get handy with a soldering iron and understand it probably won't last longer than a month. I killed that GT610 pushing it to the limit of what that card could do, I never even got to take it onto dry ice. 

18387030_1522864381065477_1812778404_n.jpg

18426682_1522631671088748_2140914741_o.jpg

Yours faithfully

thanks guys, sorry I was busy at work

And Will my gpu break or lose performance at the overclock its running at now because it surprisingly only goes up to 40-50 degrees celcius

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, RadiatingLight said:

Lower resolution if you want to run fallout 4. it should be okay at low settings at 720p (console level)

I did that but it honestly didn't affect the fps at all