iem suggestions

Wolf_Lbh

Looking for some new iems. After 4 years of use mine finally died in one channel rip. Looking for something >$300 I can run in without them falling out, won't complain if they get jostled around in my pocket all day or sweat dripped in them, and I like my music more on the clarity side (think akg k7XX)

I have the Shure 425s, definitely check them out if clarity is what you're after.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:11 PM, johnny5c said:

I have the Shure 425s, definitely check them out if clarity is what you're after.

Do you suggest any specific cables with them or just keep the ones they come with?

1 hour ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Do you suggest any specific cables with them or just keep the ones they come with?

The included ones seem pretty good, I've had the clear version for some time now and they're holding up great. 

Sweetwater currently has them 10% off,

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SE425

Don't buy cables for headphones to improve sound. They don't. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Just now, NeoZeon said:

Don't buy cables for headphones to improve sound. They don't. 

I was more worried about the durability and ergonomics.

Just now, Wolf_Lbh said:

I was more worried about the durability and ergonomics.

Gotcha. 

The one thing about buying from a brand like Shure is they have been around a while and they will be around for a while longer. They have reason to backup their products if they break. I haven't heard the 425s, I have 215s as backups and they are comfortable. If the same cable is on the 215s as the 425s (i think it is), i'd say my only complaint is they are abit too beefy. 

If I were looking for new IEMs, and they were universal IEMS, I'd look at campfire audio because they are badass or I'd look at getting wireless ones for on the go. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

13 minutes ago, NeoZeon said:

Gotcha. 

The one thing about buying from a brand like Shure is they have been around a while and they will be around for a while longer. They have reason to backup their products if they break. I haven't heard the 425s, I have 215s as backups and they are comfortable. If the same cable is on the 215s as the 425s (i think it is), i'd say my only complaint is they are abit too beefy. 

If I were looking for new IEMs, and they were universal IEMS, I'd look at campfire audio because they are badass or I'd look at getting wireless ones for on the go. 

I'm not really fond of wireless because then that is 2 more things I need to charge and be aware of the battery levels of and if I forget I'm boned and if they fall out they don't have a cable and will hit the floor and end up god knows where and wireless transmissions can compress the data or just cut out anything above or below a certain point... ect. Wireless just seems like an incredible hassle and wired is just so much simpler with only really two possible downsides being the durability and ergonomics. With replaceable wires that largely eliminates any durability problems and finding an ergonomically designed wires isn't a difficult thing to do, it's honestly pretty hard to screw up. I just asked because it would save me some research time to have people that use them be like "oh check these out, I love them".