PC holding gaming table mod WIP

ixi_your_face

Okay, so recently i saw the idea of turning your desk into a PC case, and i thought to myself. "hmm, i'm making myself a desk anyway, i could try that." So, i've mocked up a few rough sketches of the frame. I'd add a motherboard tray and 5.25" drive bay cage once it's built.

Here's the PC case mockup itself:

s0KHEbG.jpgAnd here's the mockup with the rest of the desk shelf re added:Dy60Zgu.png

I'd like to know what you guys think and get possible suggestions as to what i could possibly add/take out to make it better.

Additional info:

• The frame will be made of wood.
  • The circular support might be made of wood, or PVC pipe.
  • The case will support everything from E-ATX.
  • It will have a glass viewing window at the top.the back is deliberately not cut yet, as i want to get the mobo tray first before i decide to take measurements.
  • I will probably end up blacking the interior as well as getting a black mobo tray.
  • I plan on somehow making the PC case part removable from the overall desk, in case i move, ect.
  • The table surface will be covered in a black fabric to cover any mistakes/joins i'd have to do, it would also hang down to hide any loose wiring

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Im going to keep my eye on this, its an awesome idea! :D

I like the idea!!

Have you thought about where you will put your IO? Would you put the screen inside the desk or is that just a window for the rig?

Also, what kind of cooling solution will this use? Just my .02, but I wouldn't want a loud desk/case.

I like the idea!!

Have you thought about where you will put your IO? Would you put the screen inside the desk or is that just a window for the rig?

Also, what kind of cooling solution will this use? Just my .02, but I wouldn't want a loud desk/case.

The I/O would be behind the case area. And it's glass there, there's more than enough space to the left for monitors and whatnot. And it'll prolly be air at first. But i'd undervolt them all. Current idea will hold 5 x 120 mm and 6 x 80 mm fans. Wich gives me a lot of leeway should i decide to build myself a watercooled system down the line

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome keep up the goodwork