Mini PCI-E to Video Card dock, a way to breathe life into an old laptop?

So I recently watched a video from a youtuber called LowSpecGamer titled "An External GPU for an old Laptop?"  In the video he uses an old netbook with the video card dock and it seems that it works to some extent.  He also mentions in the video that he ran into a heavy CPU bottleneck.  This left me wondering if this would work even better for me than shown in the video since I'm also using an older laptop (getting close to 3 years now), but instead of having a crappy celeron chip I have a third gen i7 in my laptop (which was originally purchased for school work that included virtualisation.)

How much performance degradation should I expect if I bought this?

The video in question.

The PCI-E Dock

https://www.banggood.com/MAC-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011221.html

My current laptop's specs are as follows...

i7-3630QM @ 2.4

GT 630M

tl;dr Video Card Dock that uses the Mini PCI-E slot on your Laptop to run an external video card.

Its a great idea, and was actually first discovered by a guy on the Overclock.net Alienware Alpha forum. Like the laptop, he was able to remove the Alpha's wireless card and install an external graphics card via an external dock, and it works perfectly! The system just instantly recognises the new card and off you go :-)

Obviously the Alpha has an upgradable CPU so CPU bottlenecking has not been a problem, and also being a desktop machine you can mod the case a bit and have quite an elegant looking setup.

But give it a go! If you pair your 3630QM with a 1050Ti I think that would be a good match.

I'm interested to hear how you get on :-)