Display Suggestions for My Setup

PineyCreek

Display Suggestions for My Setup  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Display Suggestions for My Setup (multiple choice)

• IPS panel
    • VA panel
    • TN panel
    • 1440p
    • G-SYNC is a must!
    • G-SYNC is not a must.
    • Keep existing monitor, see how things are after plugging in the new system.

Here's the scenario:  My current monitor is an ok ASUS with VGA/DVI/HDMI, no DisplayPort.  1080p, 75Hz refresh rate.  I believe it is a TN panel (one of ASUS's 247 variants).  I'm about to build a new computer for gaming and some virtualization work, video editing, etc., but mostly for gaming.  Most games I play are adventure/RPG.  Fastest paced games I play with any regularity would be something like DOOM or Borderlands or Mass Effect-style games.  Color and image quality are important to me.

The new system will have a 1080Ti (one that still has DVI).  Based on these items, what choice would you make?  If you have specific model/make suggestions, please feel free to post them.  I've been considering ASUS and Dell UltraSharp panels as of late.

Minimum panel size is 24", max is 27".  Open-ended on budget for the purposes of this question.

I don't recommend getting a 4k 144hz HDR monitor for a chromebook :P

4 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

What is the price of your system?

Enough to last me a long time I hope.  Last machine I built was top of the line when it was built in 2010, had 2 SSDs and 6 HDDs, and cost just shy of 3K.  This one looks to be about $2500 when fully built, but I'm getting a much more expensive video card than I did last time.

2 x 60GB SATA II SSDs...at $210 each....sheesh.