HDMI port of monitor "BROKEN" (HELP)

So I have an odd error with my monitor. I generally use it with my PC, but I was testing a raspberry pi with it and used the same hdmi cable to connect it to the monitor. Ever since using it with the raspberry pi, the hdmi port only works correctly with the raspberry pi. If i try to plug it into my pc, the screen will be black but illuminated. So it is detecting the signal but not correctly displaying it. Is this because the raspberry pi used a different resolution than my PC?

PS: I tried using a DVI to HDMI adapter on the monitor and that works, so it is only the HDMI port that isn't working correctly. But the adapter i nought is really cheap and now I'm getting screen glitches, or it just outright disconnects for a second so continuing to use the adapter isn't a real option.

Just now, WarsawWarrior said:

So I have an odd error with my monitor. I generally use it with my PC, but I was testing a raspberry pi with it and used the same hdmi cable to connect it to the monitor. Ever since using it with the raspberry pi, the hdmi port only works correctly with the raspberry pi. If i try to plug it into my pc, the screen will be black but illuminated. So it is detecting the signal but not correctly displaying it. Is this because the raspberry pi used a different resolution than my PC?

PS: I tried using a DVI to HDMI adapter on the monitor and that works, so it is only the HDMI port that isn't working correctly. But the adapter i nought is really cheap and now I'm getting screen glitches, or it just outright disconnects for a second so continuing to use the adapter isn't a real option.

ok so, yes the raspberry pi does overscan/underscan (can't remember which is which) by default out of the box. over scan does freak out TV's sometimes so best bet is to factory reset the display

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

15 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

ok so, yes the raspberry pi does overscan/underscan (can't remember which is which) by default out of the box. over scan does freak out TV's sometimes so best bet is to factory reset the display

I clicked the "all reset" option in the monitor menu, but it didn't seem to do anything

12 hours ago, WarsawWarrior said:

I clicked the "all reset" option in the monitor menu, but it didn't seem to do anything

that sounds like a picture settings reset, you want a factory reset.

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

19 hours ago, WarsawWarrior said:

Sometimes this can be a Windows issue, it sometimes forgets the display and leaves it as "disconnected". A good work around is to plug in another monitor or TV at the same time as the "broken" monitor and then go into "Display Settings" in Windows to see if the monitor is showing as connected or not.

Not saying that this is your issue but it has happened to me in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 6:55 AM, DnFx91 said:

that sounds like a picture settings reset, you want a factory reset.

I looked through the manual and that's the only "reset" feature it seems. I tried other things like this: (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/18449274) even though my monitor is made by sceptre.