Long time at bios screen

DarkEnergy

It doesn't bother me too much but whenever I start up my computer It stays on the screen where it tells you you can click the button to open bios for a while. It slows down the startup time quite a bit. Is there a way to make it shorter?

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Are you booting through a HDD?

SSD. I have the same specs as username: Nathanised http://linustechtips.com/main/user/36230-nathanised/

I made another account for a better username.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Try

control panel->administrative tools->system configuration->boot

and change the timeout time

Your bios might have a timer setting as well so look through it.

BIOS often now have a timer of up to around 10 seconds where they will just stay on the screen waiting for the Del key. Take a look through your settings, setting it to 0 should sort you out. although be warned if you ever want to get back into BIOS you'll need to be mashing your Del key on start  :lol:

SSD. I have the same specs as username: Nathanised http://linustechtips.com/main/user/36230-nathanised/

I made another account for a better username.

You could try going through your bios settings and finding a quick boot option or/and set to not initialize all the usb devices on boot to minimize the bios time. Refer to 3-30 in your manual to enable fast boot.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer