Dust-proof case

BaconPie

Hey, so I'm looking for a dust-proof case, that is actually dust-proof. :D I have a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 at the moment, with 2 intakes, 1 exhaust, and 1 cooling fan for the processor, so I'm guessing air pressure isn't a problem. Oh, and the power supply is also intaking... My case is completely full of dust within days, that has to do with the terrible pollution in my area, as well as the dust filtering not working properly on the case. (At least that's what I think) Do I got something wrong, or the case isn't filtering dust properly?

20 minutes ago, TeamPC said:

Hey, so I'm looking for a dust-proof case, that is actually dust-proof. :D I have a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 at the moment, with 2 intakes, 1 exhaust, and 1 cooling fan for the processor, so I'm guessing air pressure isn't a problem. Oh, and the power supply is also intaking... My case is completely full of dust within days, that has to do with the terrible pollution in my area, as well as the dust filtering not working properly on the case. (At least that's what I think) Do I got something wrong, or the case isn't filtering dust properly?

No such thing. If air is able to pass through an opening, dust WILL FIND A WAY IN.  Having denser (or finer) filters may help, but the only way to dust proof your case is clean it hospital surgeon spec, seal it and never open it again, which is not good for a PC. 

My suggestion is find a good case with good dust filters and CLEAN THEM OFTEN to reduce as much dust as you can. That being said, most dust filters these days are more or less the same filtering wise.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

There can be no dust proof case. As long as there are holes. Where the air goes in for the fans , such as the CPU Cooler and etc. so if you wan a no dust case you're gonna have to mod it yourself. Seal up all the holes and do a water cooled build. 10/10

good filters and a room with decent ventilation that is also filtered. I had my computer run for about five years without needing a clean, except for the PSU that wasnt great.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

No such thing. If air is able to pass through an opening, dust WILL FIND A WAY IN.  Having denser (or finer) filters may help, but the only way to dust proof your case is clean it hospital surgeon spec, seal it and never open it again, which is not good for a PC. 

My suggestion is find a good case with good dust filters and CLEAN THEM OFTEN to reduce as much dust as you can. That being said, most dust filters these days are more or less the same filtering wise.

4 hours ago, FirstOfHisName said:

There can be no dust proof case. As long as there are holes. Where the air goes in for the fans , such as the CPU Cooler and etc. so if you wan a no dust case you're gonna have to mod it yourself. Seal up all the holes and do a water cooled build. 10/10

3 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

good filters and a room with decent ventilation that is also filtered. I had my computer run for about five years without needing a clean, except for the PSU that wasnt great.

1 hour ago, PCBjon said:

This Silverstone MM01 with hepa filers will help with dust.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=525&area=en

mm01-34right.jpg

Thanks for all the tips, they're all appriciated! I suppose I'll have to stick with regular cleaning then, since I don't have the means to do anything with my room, nor modding my current case...:D I'm not experiencing hardware issues, so it's fine. :)

18 hours ago, TeamPC said:

Oil cooled PC. That is the only way of "Dust proofing" a PC, without going crazy... and it's still pretty bananas. 

• 11 months later...

?!?!?!? Are you guys serious?!  NO SUCH THING?!  What....are....how....are you...Let me help you..."There is PROBABLY no such thing as a dustproof case". this makes you sound less arrogant and less stubborn and more reasonable and more open minded.

I know this is old and I'm sorry for creating an undead thread, but those kinds of attitudes irritate the ever living PISS out of me, and why wouldn't they?  And one more thing...Linus actually TESTED A DUST FREE PC CASE and it did DAMN good (IP43).  Now, granted that wasn't until this year (published date of 04/12/2018) but the case LAUNCHED in 2015, AND it was linked in this very thread.  Now, if any of you had just taken a few minutes to look through google, or to LOOK AT THE CASE LINKED before deciding that you are the end all be all on what does and doesn't exist, maybe you wouldn't have made yourself look like morons like I HAVE so many times before to random internet people that...I guess don't really matter, BUT THE POINT IS, you are wrong.  And you didn't keep an open mind.  You took a firm stand on an answer, when you actually didn't know the answer.

And before you go saying, "IP43 isn't dustproof" well technically, no, it isn't.  But that's because it's virtually impossible to have a completely dustproof case but this case works SO SO well from the video that I don't know how it wasn't certified IP53.  Oh yeah, the 3 means you can spray it with a hose...it's splashproof.  Which, is great.  Okay, zombie thread, back to the grave with you!  Hope the town doesn't come after the necromancer.

BUT...this will be useful for people on Google, because that's how I found this thread and so, I leave useful information, including the video link, in addition to criticism (sorry)

11 hours ago, johmei said:

"There is PROBABLY no such thing as a dustproof case". this makes you sound less arrogant and less stubborn and more reasonable and more open minded.

Linus actually TESTED A DUST FREE PC CASE

Yet the title says "Resistant", IP43 is not "Dust proof" (that's reserved for IP6x variants) and they still found dust inside the case albeit very minor in comparison to what they were trying to force in, (however wood dust isnt exactly the finest dust particle on earth so to say it's dust proof because wood dust was blocked is a bit of an overstatement)

Again while this is probably the best example of a dust resistant case, it's not dust PROOF.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:44 AM, TVwazhere said:

If air is able to pass through an opening, dust WILL FIND A WAY IN.  Having denser (or finer) filters may help, but the only way to dust proof your case is clean it hospital surgeon spec, seal it and never open it again, which is not good for a PC.

Phones are able to do this because they dont need to have openings for active cooling, hence their IP6x resistances.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 3 years later...

I need a little help there a case like  this one i know, but not a popular manufacturer that made case that not let in dust what so ever don't know the brand name.Do anyone might know  few of the brand name or names?Cant remember right now.