How necessary is a cloud lifter?

Crypt1c

I was considering to buy a Rode Procaster with an audio interface to use in my setup, and I've noticed that it suffers the same problem, albeit to a lesser extent, as the Shure SM7B being that the audio interface doesn't provide them enough gain. So many people end up having to turn the gain on the audio interface really high and thus it causes noise. People recommend picking up something like a Cloudlifter which gives the mic a clean gain boost, but I can't really afford it at the moment since I'll have to import it which is very expensive. Can anybody who has an experience with this, tell me how bad the noise is and if it is manageable.

1 hour ago, Crypt1c said:

I was considering to buy a Rode Procaster with an audio interface to use in my setup, and I've noticed that it suffers the same problem, albeit to a lesser extent, as the Shure SM7B being that the audio interface doesn't provide them enough gain. So many people end up having to turn the gain on the audio interface really high and thus it causes noise. People recommend picking up something like a Cloudlifter which gives the mic a clean gain boost, but I can't really afford it at the moment since I'll have to import it which is very expensive. Can anybody who has an experience with this, tell me how bad the noise is and if it is manageable.

theyre chatting shit, just get a decent interface with phantom power and your fine.
probably using the microphone far away and talking quietly so need a high gain.