Laptop is haunted

Wed15septoid2

So I own an Asus N550JV. Pretty typical stuff, i7 4700HQ, GT 750, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Etc. The issue is most likely with the actual operating system. 

The Issue:

97% of all USB devices act weird. When plugging in, say, an external HDD, it will show that it is installing the device driver/software. After that the device does not appear in explorer OR disk management despite being shown in device manager. When plugging in a usb sound card, it detects the device, but displays as not having driver software in device manager. Okay, so just install the driver software manually right? WRONG! All driver installs fail leaving all plugged in devices useless. The only device that ive gotten to work is my Xbox One controller over Micro-USB. 

What ive Tried:

Reinstall Windows - BIOS does not allow you to boot from created DVDs or USBs

Reinstall from within OS - Fails everytime at ~97%

Replace HDD with one with fresh windows installed - Not recognized

Any suggestions?

Pretty sure you can boot from USB. Not too sure about your problem, but you can at least try it again.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008277

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

18 minutes ago, Wed15septoid2 said:

Reinstall Windows - BIOS does not allow you to boot from created DVDs or USBs

I've never run across a computer later than about 2001 that won't boot from USB, so perhaps you're doing something wrong. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

30 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Pretty sure you can boot from USB. Not too sure about your problem, but you can at least try it again.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008277

12 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I've never run across a computer later than about 2001 that won't boot from USB, so perhaps you're doing something wrong. 

Its not that it isn't an option, its that the bios doesn't recognize it as bootable even when using an iso mounting tool.

4 minutes ago, Wed15septoid2 said:

even when using an iso mounting tool.

What did you do to make the bootable USB?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, bob51zhang said:

What did you do to make the bootable USB?

ive used multiple tools, iso to usb, rufus, poweriso etc.

the system is haunted by a type of ghost called: broken chipset controller

rare to see in the wild and some say there is only 1-200 in the wild as of 2016

anyways, the chipset controller is what allows the system to communicate with outside devices (things like usb) and is the boot controller as well, even if you installed the chip drivers, your problem won't go away, it's broken on a hardware level

Edited by samiscool51

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!