How can i cap GPU usage ?

BestLeo

Hi guys ! I want to know if I can cap the GPU usage on my pc and how :)

As in, so that the GPU only uses a certain wattage, or that it doesn't go over a certain FPS, or in what way would you like to cap GPU usage?

With a program like MSI Afterburner, you can limit the wattage the GPU is allowed to use, and so the GPU will only perform as best it can at the set power limit.

In AMD's display driver control panel you can set a frame limit, so that the GPU won't try to render frames above that limit, which will result it not doing the work that it would have to for those extra frames, resulting in lower power consumption. Nvidia doesn't have a frame-limit option in their display driver control panel, but I'm sure there are other programs you can download to do the same thing.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Yes, you can get a very weak CPU which will bottleneck it :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I had problems with my gpu.. Black screens.. But now I fixed that.. I just bought a hdmi to vga adapter and connected it.. That means that my dvi port is damaged