Upgraded to gigabit internet, can't get full speeds on E8500

My problem is with using my Linksys E8500 and using the Verizon G1100 as a bridge for FIOS TV.  I was able to get it to work just fine on Friday by releasing the DCHP lease, then plugging the cable from the ONT box to my router.  I then changed the G1100's IP address to 192.168.5.1 and distribution range as the guide I read suggested to prevent interference with the router handing out LAN IPs in the same range as the G1100.  Everything for FIOS TV works just fine doing this (except the mobile app for recording shows but I don't care)

When I first did this everything worked just fine.  I was getting a solid 850 down and 900ish up wired and a PC two rooms over from the router was getting 600+ down and 800 up on my E8500's 5GHZ WiFi.

I noticed yesterday that now that Pc is only getting around 200 down and 150 up, while my wired connection from the E8500 is now getting 370 down and 200 up.  I decided to test the incoming connection from the ONT box directly to verify I was getting the 800+ down and up speeds and sure enough, I was.  I also plugged that cable into the G1100 to test that as well and I can get the full wired speeds from it.

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with Verizon continuously renewing the DCHP lease, but since I'm no expert in networking I wanted to know what others more versed in this matter suggest.

For anyone interested.

I ended making the E8500 as the bridge router and left the G1100 as the primary following the DSL-reports guide #3.  The only downside to this is losing some of the features fo the E8500 (seeing the devices on the network remotely, the priority of devices) but at least I get to keep the MU-MIMO function of it.

ask verizon to provide you with a modem only or find a modem only online that works with verizon and have them activate it on your account
can then use your E8500 as your main router without issue

sometimes it's the OS to blame, server OS's work with large or many network requests very well, while consumer ones (windows) doesn't handle it well.

try using the server version for the drivers, i have heard rumors that some perform better than the consumer versions

but first check your network settings and see if your OS (or drivers) has limited the speed (some drivers do that to ensure that they work correctly with the OS), also if the card has a configuration utility, download that and look at how it's configured via its proprietary settings and report back, see if we can change them to get a faster connection

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

18 hours ago, luigi90210 said:

ask verizon to provide you with a modem only or find a modem only online that works with verizon and have them activate it on your account
can then use your E8500 as your main router without issue

Since I'm also using their FIOS TV service I HAVE to use their router since it communicates with the cable boxes. If make the E8500 the main router I lose access to certain Verizon Fios tv features, which didn't really bother me much, but for some reason, I was also unable to obtain full speeds using a wired connection after 1 day.  

Now by setting the Verizon router as the main with the wireless broadcast off, and the E8500 as the bridge to provide wireless to the house, I get to keep all the Verizon features and I get full wire speeds and good a good wireless signal.

The only downside to this is that I can't access some of the features of the router such as accessing it over the internet or setting media priority for devices, but I get to keep the MU-MIMO advantage of my E8500 which I think is a good compromise. Also, with Verizon I'm able to access the router and set some settings for it over the internet which is also ok I guess.  My main priority was making sure I was getting the speeds I was paying for while also maintaining the range of my E8500 for the wireless signals.