Radeon Rx 470 liquid cooling

Hey guys this is the first time ive ever posted on this forum but hope that someone can help me! 

Im currently in the process of creating a new desk build with as many pieces of hardware being cooled via liquid as possible. I am trying to keep the cost for hardware as low as i can. The CPU i will have no trouble with but I cant find any way to cool my graphics card, i can get a universal chip block but i have no clue how reliable they are? But other than that, I have no clue on how to cool my vrm etc... My graphics card is a Powercolor Radeon RX 470 red devil, if that is any help... Thanks to anyone who reads!

please don't watercool it.

most people watercool cards/cpus to get better thermals, (better overclocking, most gpus hit a thermal wall) doing it for a e s t h e t i c s only isn't something many people do, and even less with lower end cards (your RX 470)

tiny watercooling market -> smaller market for lower end cards -> not many makers 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I understand that and i do actually want to get the most out of my card via overclocking, aestethics is purely a bonus, i apologise, I could have made that more clear... Making this card run better would be very very helpful to me hence why i want to overclock... I will buy a different card and will if it comes to it though, Thanks for getting back in touch anyway, really appreciate it.

14 minutes ago, Bonzo99 said:

Snip

from a financial standpoint, the short answer is that such an endeavour would be a terrible investment. the amount of money you would spend watercooling would be yield far better performance if spent on a brand new GPU/CPU (after reselling your old hardware)

That being said, not everything in PC-land is a Price:Performance adventure for everyone. If you understand that this is not a good way to achieve price:performance, and you still wish to go forward with this, then you could look at a universal bracket like this one (also comes in black): https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white

It mounts on most GPU's of most shapes and sizes (list includes the RX 470) with little-to-no modifications. From there you can purchase any compatible AIO of your choice and mount it to the die, whilst the built in fan does a pretty good job of cooling everything else.

• 4 years later...

I wanted to do something similar, but the reason is I wanted to do it more for practice. I have an old rx470 and wanted to use it rather then just start tearing down my 2070 and risk damage.

A couple of months ago I water cooled the GPU core on my Powercolor R9 290 using a $23 universal water block, because I didn't want do this on my first time cooling a RTX  video card. Some heatsinks were taped to the memory and VRM for air cooling. I 3D printed a PCI fan bracket to mount 3 x 92mm fans that are 25mm thick. It actually ran quieter and kept the core cooler than the stock cooler, but diode sensor peaked several degrees higher even though it never went above 88C while mining. The video card at stock setting has always ran hot and had black screen crashes, but stopped after my DIY hybrid cooling mod.  It wasn't pretty looking, but it performed well and went with the industrial like theme build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W