PC won't post.

ZetaByte

Hi all. I helped a friend of mine build their computer starting a few months ago. She's been having a lot of problems with her graphics card. Whats happening is, everything else turns on when she powers the pc on but the graphics card. All the fans spin up (including CPU) and everything else receives power. But for some reason, the fans on the graphics card don't spin and there is no display being outputted from the graphics card. I'd really have to have an answer or two ASAP. Thanks!

Oh, sorry. 

Specs are: 

FX 6300

Cooler Master T2 CPU cooler

MSI 970A-G43 Plus

Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600 DDR3

Seagate Barracuda 2TB drive

RX 580 8GB armor

Corsair CX 750 psu

Any other info I should provide?

Need a little more information please.  What make/model is the GPU?  What make/model is the mobo?  Is the GPU properly seated in the pci/pcie slot?  Is the power cord properly seated in the GPU?  What have you done to troubleshoot the problem?  That sort of information helps in trying to find a cause.

5 minutes ago, ZetaByte said:

Hi all. I helped a friend of mine build their computer starting a few months ago. She's been having a lot of problems with her graphics card. Whats happening is, everything else turns on when she powers the pc on but the graphics card. All the fans spin up (including CPU) and everything else receives power. But for some reason, the fans on the graphics card don't spin and there is no display being outputted from the graphics card. I'd really have to have an answer or two ASAP. Thanks!

Have you installed your GPU (AMD/NVIDIA)drivers or put the PCIe 4pin/6pin/8pin power into the GPU. This comment is if the computer is custom built or you have placed a GPU in a old computer.

She has reseated the card three or four times at this point, even tried to change slots to maybe see if it was a dead pci-e slot. Power has been reseated all those times as well just to make sure. Even reseated all cables on the PSU itself. I've tried having her reseat ram aswell.

Just now, Perezz said:

Have you installed your GPU (AMD/NVIDIA)drivers or put the PCIe 4pin/6pin/8pin power into the GPU. This comment is if the computer is custom built or you have placed a GPU in a old computer.

This is a brand new, custom pc. We haven't even been able to get it to post.

11 minutes ago, ZetaByte said:

This is a brand new, custom pc. We haven't even been able to get it to post.

I don't know then? Has the GPU got a PCIe power connector connected depends on GPU it could be a 4pin/3pin/8pin or 2 of each. The power connector is  usually yellow and black depending on PSU though.

2 hours ago, ZetaByte said:

Oh, sorry. 

Specs are: 

FX 6300

Cooler Master T2 CPU cooler

MSI 970A-G43 Plus

Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600 DDR3

Seagate Barracuda 2TB drive

RX 580 8GB armor

Corsair CX 750 psu

Any other info I should provide?

If I'm not mistaken the RX 580 Armor requires an 8 pin and a 6 pin power connector.  Don't quote me as I'm not able to look that up at the moment.  

Also when you do get it to post remember that the 580 has a fan silence setting.  It means the fans will not spin till it reaches a certain temperature.  Then they start to spin upon hitting it.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop