Hey I need input on this ASAP!

Damascus

I'm consideringa significant purchase, feels kinda sketchy though.  I need you the hive mind to help me vet this invoice, the person selling claims to live near me bur the ad puts them on the other side :/ I really want this purchase to be real but I am not an idiot.  Please comment.Screenshot_2017-05-12-14-29-18.thumb.jpg.84d991d8ade4b199607079337b7fd4db.jpgScreenshot_2017-05-12-14-30-26.thumb.jpg.e13c85cdb4c54332c3ae2c52c8d8d392.jpg

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Personally I don't recommend using money gram.

Kk, anything else that is strange?

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Kk, anything else that is strange?

Verify the U.K. address to figure out what is there first and see if it is residential or commercial. Then address the seller of the situation. It is odd if it is a private seller to be have the money being sent to a location other than where they live, let alone out of country. 

3 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Verify the U.K. address to figure out what is there first and see if it is residential or commercial. Then address the seller of the situation. It is odd if it is a private seller to be have the money being sent to a location other than where they live, let alone out of country. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

use paypal, they have a better money back guarantee.  

Its a student in the UK (new info)  the dad will be bringing the laptop ((hint hint there may be a review tomorrow :D) to me tomorrow 

Just now, Damascus said:

Its a student in the UK (new info)  the dad will be bringing the laptop ((hint hint there may be a review tomorrow :D) to me tomorrow 

why not do the transaction face to face in a public place. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

That's what is happening, but it's an etransfer to the student. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Ya I agree if the "father" is the one selling it he should be able to accept the money, he is the one completing the transaction. At which point he could then send the money on to his son as he chooses.

Something is funny.

Just now, Damascus said:

That's what is happening, but it's an etransfer to the student. 

see the product before transferring the money also try to use PayPal, MoneyGram is a non-traceable money solution primarily used by scammers.   

Why not give the money to the "father" in cash? You're paying for something you don't have on hand yet

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

see the product before transferring the money also try to use PayPal, MoneyGram is a non-traceable money solution primarily used by scammers.   

8 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Ya I agree if the "father" is the one selling it he should be able to accept the money, he is the one completing the transaction. At which point he could then send the money on to his son as he chooses.

Something is funny.

Thanks for the help guys, I've just suggested paypal, we'll see how it goes

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

1 hour ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Something is funny.

:3 totally a scam, here is the result of asKing if it's a scam xDScreenshot_2017-05-12-16-25-11.thumb.jpg.21e4a074f428a78f1e932ab65bb6e474.jpg

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

:3 totally a scam, here is the result of asKing if it's a scam xD

yup a scammer, FYI if someone asks for MoneyGram its most likely a scam. 

MoneyGram is definately a scam

Also WesternUnion is most likely a scam

Just use Paypal or face to face cash.

Hey man well your at it I think there is a kenyan prince who will pay you 30 million if you just send him 10k so he can get the money out of a trust and he will split it with you to....... My advice is this: If at any point you say to yourself "is this a scam?" then its probably a scam

6 hours ago, walkawalka said:

Hey man well your at it I think there is a kenyan prince who will pay you 30 million if you just send him 10k so he can get the money out of a trust and he will split it with you to....... My advice is this: If at any point you say to yourself "is this a scam?" then its probably a scam

Tbf I did start this post with I'm pretty sure it's a scam.  I just reported to rcmp fraud,  hopefully no one gets burned by Mr. Marx

15 hours ago, Damascus said:

Tbf I did start this post with I'm pretty sure it's a scam.  I just reported to rcmp fraud,  hopefully no one gets burned by Mr. Marx

Rule #1

Never ever EVER use other payment methods besides PayPal when buying on eBay.

eBay + PayPal gives you complete protection from scammers and frauds, and (most of the time) sides with the buyer in a dispute.

If a seller wants you to pay him using non-standard means, that's immediately a red flag, and you should tell them you only pay via PayPal.

So, I take it you asked about PayPal and he said no?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

23 hours ago, Damascus said:

:3 totally a scam, here is the result of asKing if it's a scam xDScreenshot_2017-05-12-16-25-11.thumb.jpg.21e4a074f428a78f1e932ab65bb6e474.jpg

What kind of broken English is this? Reminds me of the time I took back my minecraft account from a Greek hijacker. 

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

So, I take it you asked about PayPal and he said no?

Yeah, the claim was that paypal was too slow and they needed money ASAP.  Just for lelz I think I'll share what our conversation was, please note that I was about 99% sure this was a scam, just really wanted the carrot (MSI Titan SLI 1080) xD ludicrous eh?  Anyways, put on my most naive puppy eyes and this is what happened.  I just love the inconsistencies and straight up ignoring questions they do, this was super fun :3

Spoiler

Hi there
First of all i would like to thank you for showing interest in my Sale .I want a fast sale , so the BUY IT NOW price for this item is $ 1250 including shipping charges.This item will come with 14 Days Return Policy ( in case you are not satisfied %100 with the purchased item you will be able to return it back on my cost and get a full refund ).For a fair deal i want this transaction to be handled by eBay because they will offer protection to both of us and at the end of this transaction we will be able to exchange feedback, in order to purchase this item please provide me your full name and delivery address so i can initiated the transaction through eBay and manage the shipping.
Looking forward to receive news from you
Thanks

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 5:20 PM, "Damascus"

wrote:
Hello! The following is a reply to your conversation regarding "MSI GT83VR 6RF-044CA TITAN SLI VR-Ready GAMING G SERIES LAPTOP" on Kijiji: 

Of course, it is gibberish email.yakooy

You can respond to "Damascus" by replying to this email. 

Important Kijiji Safety Notice:

All transactions should take place in person with cash. Do not ship items and do not accept other payment methods.

Never click links in an email that ask you to sign in to Kijiji. All "Your Kijiji account has expired" emails are fakes.

Kijiji, eBay and PayPal do not offer buyer or seller protection for Kijiji items. Such emails are fakes.

Click here to read more Kijiji safety tips.

Email Masking 
Please note that we now automatically mask email addresses of buyers and sellers on non-commercial ads. For your safety, we recommend you only use the masked email address when replying to emails. To learn more, click here.

Help About Privacy Policy Terms of Use Contact Kijiji 
© 2017 eBay International AG. 
Operated by: Kijiji Canada Ltd. | 500 King Street West, Suite 200 | Toronto, Ontario | M5V 1L9 | Canada

My full name is "Damascus" could you link an eBay page?  Shipping address is 2058 Honeywell Ave.

Show quoted text

Hey Peter, would it be possible to use the local pickup through eBay?  I noticed that your ad on kijiji puts you very close to me and I could pick it up to avoid unnecessary shipping costs if possible

Thanks,

"Damascus"

Show quoted text

No worries about that . The price  is $ 1250 including shipping charges.

Soon you will receiver the invoice from eBay about the payment and everything.

Thank you and have a nice day !

Show quoted text

Hey Peter,

I would really prefer to pick it up, if you ship it won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday. Its really no hassle for me, everything would still be through eBay :)

Thanks,

"Damascus"

Show quoted text

ok , but not before the payment is done you can pick it up tomorrow from my father tomorrow in the morning !

thanks

Show quoted text

Sounds good!  What is your address?

Show quoted text

I just submitted all the details of our Transaction through eBay and they told me that they already contacted you with the eBay Invoice for your purchase.
Please check all the folders of your e-mail such as SPAM , JUNK or INBOX and let me know if they contacted you !
Thanks

Show quoted text

They contacted me but apparently you live in the UK!  Please send me 

A) your Canadian address

B) an updated invoice with said address.

Thanks,

"Damascus"

Show quoted text

I`m an student in UK. Tomorrow my father will come to your address and please do not have a strange felling because he is a police officer..lol

Olso please please provide me your phone number , maybe he needs to ring you

Thanks

Show quoted text

Ah,  OK.  I will send the money as soon as I see the laptop!  I don't have that much credit on short notice, was expecting cash.  Sorry about that.  Its total fine that your dad is with police as well :)

My number is 613-666-4444 (retconned obviously)

Thanks again, 

"Damascus"

Show quoted text

My father will contact you only after the payment is done . If not sorry about that, just tell my because I a have a lot of people interested in my sale.

Thanks "Damascus"

Show quoted text

Alright, can you switch to paypal then?  I have heard that money gram is used by scammed :(  I can even do it tonight if it's paypal

Show quoted text

Hey what is your dad's phone number?  I'd like to talk to them before I buy anythong

Show quoted text

With paypal I need to wait some time to withdraw the money . So this is the only way I want to do it . I`m selling my laptop because I need money for my expenses .

Let me know !

Show quoted text

Hmm, if I can meet with your dad tonight you will have the money the instant I can verify it exists.  You would have the money before the night is over.

Best regards,

"Damascus"

Show quoted text

"Damascus" , I need the money here , not my father . SO...we have a deal like I said or not ?

For me it`s easy to sell it to anybody else.

I`m waiting your final answer because I`m a private seller not a trader.

Thanks

Show quoted text

My suggestion is that I see the laptop, and immediately pay you via moneygram/ebay. 

Show quoted text

eBay said i have to agree for a 7 days inspection period ( after the date you have received it).
This means that you have 7 days to inspect for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
Because I will sign eBay's return policy, you will have the option to reject the deal. If this will be the case, I will have to take it back on my cost!

They asked for a series of verification (copy of ID's, proof of address, etc) and they have approved to use the Money Back Guarantee Program.

Show quoted text

You initially said 14 days.  Let me see it first or I won't buy.  If I can see it I will send you the money as soon as I've seen it in person.  This could happen tonight.

Show quoted text

I wish you good luck !

Show quoted text

I can pay 1300 if I see it first.  You would have your money tonight!

Show quoted text

the answer is still no if you don`t agree with my deal !

Show quoted text

So you are a scammer?  There is no other reason for you to say no...

Show quoted text

Kid , you`ve been played to much with your hand . Are you fuck yourself ?

Leave me alone and do your game in quiet !

Show quoted text

THANK YOU.  SPICY LAMB SAUCE

Show quoted text

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Hey what is your dad's phone number?  I'd like to talk to them before I buy anythong

this got very interesting

11 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

this got very interesting

Yup, don't really know what else to say.