Corsair K95 Platinum Flickering

Jadi

Hi everyone I was just wondering whether anyone else with the Corsair K95 Platinum has random flickers on the keyboard every now and again. Nothing game breaking but just a little buggy. If you haven't seen it yet just stare at your keyboard for a few mins with a rainbow or decently advanced lighting effect on and wait for one of the keys to go black for a split second. Thanks. I think its a firmware bug that Corsair needs to iron out as this is my second RMA and it still does the same thing but Corsair wont hand it up to the devs until there are enough people having the same issues. Im assuming its an integer glicth where instead of an rgb value being 234 for instance its 234.5 and of course you cant display that on a light so it just goes black for a split second.

Thanks again

Jadi

8 minutes ago, Jadi said:

Hi everyone I was just wondering whether anyone else with the Corsair K95 Platinum has random flickers on the keyboard every now and again. Nothing game breaking but just a little buggy. If you haven't seen it yet just stare at your keyboard for a few mins with a rainbow or decently advanced lighting effect on and wait for one of the keys to go black for a split second. Thanks. I think its a firmware bug that Corsair needs to iron out as this is my second RMA and it still does the same thing but Corsair wont hand it up to the devs until there are enough people having the same issues. Im assuming its an integer glicth where instead of an rgb value being 234 for instance its 234.5 and of course you cant display that on a light so it just goes black for a split second.

Thanks again

Jadi

Integers can't have decimals, so it's not an integer glitch. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

I bet it's fixed in the newer version: K95 LUX. The new version has an updated lighting controller.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

It does this shit when you are on 16.8m color, uncheck that and it doesn't flick

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

27 minutes ago, Constantin said:

It does this shit when you are on 16.8m color, uncheck that and it doesn't flick

Yeah, a good while back ppl tore down the keyboards and found the controller chips they used only could do 256 colors. Sure the LEDs themselves could do 18M colors, but without a sufficient controller... that's like a ferrari with a v6 engine instead of a V8. Most ppl will never notice since they drive the speed limit anyways and aren't racing at every light.

Hence the new LUX versions of every keyboard they have. 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

How do I go about doing that on the new K95 Platinum as it isnt in the settings on CUE

Lol its really annoying and destracting. Considering the fact I payed £200 for this keyboard I would have liked it not to have this issue lmao

2 minutes ago, Jadi said:

Lol its really annoying and destracting. Considering the fact I payed £200 for this keyboard I would have liked it not to have this issue lmao

its on the main settings

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Its not on the settings. Anything over the K70 doesnt have it apparently because of the new controller

Lol this is annoying. Il just try and not notice it :P

10 minutes ago, Jadi said:

Its not on the settings. Anything over the K70 doesnt have it apparently because of the new controller

I am using CUE 1 software, the CUE 2 is garbage

Just now, Constantin said:

I am using CUE 1 software, the CUE 2 is garbage

How do I download Cue 1? Will it work with the Corsair K95 Platinum?

Well, not how but where

From Corsair download I guess, they should still have it 

I just updated my cue and it seems to have sorted it :D Im not 100% sure tho il stare at it for a little bit and check for any glitches

Ithas reduced the glitches but not eliminated them. RIP lol

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone just a quick update, I am still having this issue and have tested it on different computers and had a replacement but the same problem :/. Doesn't really bother me too much, I mean other than that the only problem with this keyboard like many is the cherry mx inconsistency but it is what it is. Nothing is perfect, even a £200 keyboard..