control the sound of every indiviual speaker

Ratboy2

hey everyone,

i am useing 4 speakers and 2 are differend than the other 2 and they are a little louder is there a way i can set all speakers at a differend level so they sound the same? 

11 minutes ago, Ratboy2 said:

hey everyone,

i am useing 4 speakers and 2 are differend than the other 2 and they are a little louder is there a way i can set all speakers at a differend level so they sound the same? 

Without telling us how those speakers are connected to whatever device you're using...

I have no idea what kind of speakers you have and the kind of connections they use, but essentially you need some sort of audio interface/mixer where the levels of each individual or pair of speakers can be set independently.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

54 minutes ago, Ratboy2 said:

hey everyone,

You need a modern-ish receiver that is capable of calibrating the speakers. You can find one used for around $125 to $200. Make sure you test before you buy, and that the seller includes the calibration microphone.

If you want to buy new, look at the lowest tier offering from Denon, Pioneer, or Yamaha.

19 hours ago, JohnT said:

You need a modern-ish receiver that is capable of calibrating the speakers. You can find one used for around $125 to $200. Make sure you test before you buy, and that the seller includes the calibration microphone.

If you want to buy new, look at the lowest tier offering from Denon, Pioneer, or Yamaha.

much cheaper on Craigslist. I got a nice denon with hdmi for $30. 

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

much cheaper on Craigslist. I got a nice denon with hdmi for $30. 

I was trying to avoid giving him sticker shock in case prices in his area were a bit higher. Sometimes the good deals aren't available. $30 is hella low though. You'z a hustler :) 

16 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I was trying to avoid giving him sticker shock in case prices in his area were a bit higher. Sometimes the good deals aren't available. $30 is hella low though. You'z a hustler :) 

the guy said it would randomly stop working, that's why it was cheap. I've had it for a year  with no issues

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

47 minutes ago, spwath said:

the guy said it would randomly stop working, that's why it was cheap. I've had it for a year  with no issues

There are so many factors. My Denon has been the least troubling receiver I've owned.

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

There are so many factors. My Denon has been the least troubling receiver I've owned.

have you had trouble with your receiver?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

have you had trouble with your receiver?

My Yamaha tends to do weird stuff when it is only receiving a video signal and the audio is silent. The DSP starts resetting at a high frequency. Using ARC with my new tv is also a general pain. It's consistent enough, but sometimes the receiver changes inputs when I turn on the tv and it's hard to understand why. I can't tell if it's the tv that's causing the issue either because ARC wasn't a thing back in 2008.

Like I mentioned, the Denon has been trouble free for the most part. AirPlay takes forever to connect, but it works.

9 minutes ago, JohnT said:

My Yamaha tends to do weird stuff when it is only receiving a video signal and the audio is silent. The DSP starts resetting at a high frequency. Using ARC with my new tv is also a general pain. It's consistent enough, but sometimes the receiver changes inputs when I turn on the tv and it's hard to understand why. I can't tell if it's the tv that's causing the issue either because ARC wasn't a thing back in 2008.

Like I mentioned, the Denon has been trouble free for the most part. AirPlay takes forever to connect, but it works.

huh I have not had problems with my current receiver at any point, granted it is a more simple model, compared to what you have. Then again it is only two years old now, so plenty of time for things to fuck up....

Though I must admit I haven't tested every feature out, since I only use the one optical port and then FM radio...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

50 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

huh I have not had problems with my current receiver at any point, granted it is a more simple model, compared to what you have. Then again it is only two years old now, so plenty of time for things to fuck up....

Though I must admit I haven't tested every feature out, since I only use the one optical port and then FM radio...

I think I am giving the device a bad rep. I have a suspicion it's the many HDMI standards and the backward/forward compatibility that's causing minor issues for my Yamaha. ARC tends to be best suited for a sound bar. The receiver likes to be in charge. I have zero issues when I am actively watching something.

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

I think I am giving the device a bad rep. I have a suspicion it's the many HDMI standards and the backward/forward compatibility that's causing minor issues for my Yamaha. ARC tends to be best suited for a sound bar. The receiver likes to be in charge. I have zero issues when I am actively watching something.

well I don't really think you give the device a bad rep, maybe because I have heard and used yamaha gear quite a bit....