Wont let me format drive

Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

"New Simple Volume" is effectively the same thing as formatting.

So I just installed a new 2tb HDD. It told me to pick a partition style and I chose GUID. I went to format it and when I right click, there's no format button. I am assuming this is an easy fix, but I honestly don't know what is wrong. I tried formatting it before choosing the partition style and that didn't work either. There's no error message, but just no "format" button for that drive specifically. Thanks! 

fcbf26d4773498d98707c742194bfeb8.png
https://gyazo.com/fcbf26d4773498d98707c742194bfeb8

It's been a while since I've had to deal with this type of thing but I seem to remember if you right-click where it says "Disk 2" on the left side of the striped field it might give you different options.

As I say, it's been a few years since I dealt with that kind of thing but see if you can get a different menu by right-clicking on the panel to the left of the striped box.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

But yeah...that too. It'll only let you choose the other options if you have more than one additional disc.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Should I keep it as GUID and do a "quick format" ?