ROMs for retropie

So I know this is a pretty grey area, as there isn't a place you can purchase them legally (that I know of, if there is please add a link), and you shouldn't download them illegally.

That being said, would anyone know of any webpages that are safe and good to download ROMs for a bartop arcade (GB, GBA, GBC, NES, SNES, MAME, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

emuparadise is excellent.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

15 minutes ago, ky802008 said:

That being said, would anyone know of any webpages that are safe and good to download ROMs for a bartop arcade (GB, GBA, GBC, NES, SNES, MAME, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Google. Bing. DuckDuckGo. Take your pick.

It's against community rules to actually supply you link.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

I figured for the reasons I stated. Thank you though for your time :)

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

1 minute ago, ky802008 said:

I figured for the reasons I stated. Thank you though for your time :)

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You may find this interesting - https://www.howtogeek.com/262758/is-downloading-retro-video-game-roms-ever-legal/

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

1 minute ago, Natsoup said:

My take on it is unless you get it from official channels or you make the copy yourself, it's illegal, regardless of your circumstances.

ROMs and the internet in general are relatively new to law in the grand scheme of things. 

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

My take on it is unless you get it from official channels or you make the copy yourself, it's illegal, regardless of your circumstances.

Things will work themselves out.

sorry for bad quote location, I'm on an iPad, lol

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

11 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

ROMs and the internet in general are relatively new to law in the grand scheme of things. 

Things will work themselves out.

sorry for bad quote location, I'm on an iPad, lol

http://www.patentarcade.com/2005/04/case-atari-v-jsa-c-nd-ill-1983.html

This is actually an old issue. Technically in the US, since I don't think this case has ever been examined again, it's illegal to even make a backup of you games (at least from a cartridge)

I have downloaded almost all the roms, I could file share them with you if you are interested. I built a retro console with a raspberry pi and retro pi. 

While i won't provide a link or details i will give some advice/warning.

Even the most legit place to get roms will tend to have issues with potential scams.  Those sites usually have a ton of pop ups that make it look like you need to "click here" to download the rom, but in reality they aren't necessary and its likely the rom is already downloading on your computer.

I do wish there were a Legit place to buy these roms. 

1 hour ago, Thunderpup said:

Even the most legit place to get roms will tend to have issues with potential scams.  Those sites usually have a ton of pop ups that make it look like you need to "click here" to download the rom, but in reality they aren't necessary and its likely the rom is already downloading on your computer.

I agree with you, and if there was a place to purchase ROMs like Steam, I would gladly. I like to believe that I support developers (purchase my games, give feedback, etc), and hope people do as well.

That being said, I understand why you won't provide a link, as I mentioned ROMs is a pretty grey area... Thanks though!

13 hours ago, dncnexus said:

I have downloaded almost all the roms, I could file share them with you if you are interested. I built a retro console with a raspberry pi and retro pi. 

I've purchased the ipac 2, joysticks (Sanwa), and a bunch of Suzo Happ pushbuttons. I'm planning on making a two-player arcade. I sent you a PM, and if you could file share the ROMs, I'd be very grateful.

20 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

Necro retro has really good no intro dumps without all that crap, I think they link to archive who has everything up but it just makes it easy to find everything. 

3 hours ago, ridiculousness81 said:

Necro retro has really good no intro dumps without all that crap, I think they link to archive who has everything up but it just makes it easy to find everything. 

oooh

thanks will have to look into them.